New Freeware: Flash Cookie Remover (Beta testers needed!)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Magnus Mischel, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

You can include more, and exclude the sol file.
    That probably works better, as for the details, 'search' is your friend.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm looking for a simple silent flash cleaner I can run at startup. I haven't tried yours so i'm unsure if it requires elevation or not. But preferably something I can schedule myself to run at system boot with a -cleansilent command, to be invisible.

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

R-Wipe&Clean does much more than just clean traces of Flash, but it can be scheduled to run silently/invisibly at startup via the Windows Task Scheduler.

4. elapsed

CCleaner has a clean at startup option, which is hidden, BUT the problem is you will receive an elevation prompt every time you boot up, is it the same case for R-WC?

5. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

CCleaner has an option to run at startup. You can also use the "/AUTO" option in a shortcut for those in between jobs.

SourMilk out

6. elapsed

SourMilk, like I stated, the problem is that on the launch of Windows, it will always ask for elevation.

7. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Greets Elapsed.

I believe there is an elevation workaround using the task scheduler. I played around with it last year but found it too mind bending for a novice like me. You probably could find it in a web search.

Best of luck in your search,
    SourMilk out

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

I use the Windows Task Scheduler to create and schedule the R-Wipe&Clean task at startup, and enable the “Run with highest privileges” option (Windows Vista Business). As a result, no elevation prompt appears.

9. Dock06

Dock06 Registered Member

Hi, I think Quero just disables Flash in Option>Block Add but does not target Flash cookies specifically.
    The Adobe page is a joke, at least for me and does not work at all.
    I use BetterPrivacy with FF but did not find any add-on for IE8 except Quero but it has a broader spectrum.
    This program seems interesting but unfortunately does not work for me, it does not stop anything and does not delete anythingo_O:oops:

10. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

try WIPE from privacyroots see if it works,well it does for me,also use sandboxie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.