New Free Bitdefender Scan !

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Spanner intheWorks, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My BD 8.0 did a major update a few days ago. Maybe that was a part of it. I noticed because it updates daily, and does it without fanfare. This time it made the point that it was a major update.

Jerry

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I have been using it since the end of Feburary, and really like the changes they have made.

3. mikel108

I am talking about the Online Scan too. I checked the exact date the new online scan loaded into my PC and it was March 9th, 2005.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Me too :)

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Aw, heck. I thought you were talking about Bit Defender Free ...not the online scan. That hasn't been news for some time. I was hoping the free version was upgraded. It's what I use for an AV. and it is still 7.2. :(

6. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

Don't you find the on-line scanner to be slow. Took almost an hour to scan my computer. I have been looking for alternitives. Any suggestions?

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Engine used for online scanners is usually identical to those used in standalone programs.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Some alternatives are HERE and HERE

The BD scan probably takes time because it is carrying out a thorough scan of your computer using its unpacking engine. The length of time a scanner takes will also depend upon the number and types of files on your system.

IME, Trend Micro's Housecall and Panda's ActiveScan are also very good.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

10. mikel108

I want to say thank-you for bringing it to the attention of the other members who may not have already known.

11. Draco

Draco Registered Member

Hello and hi all.
    I have a question, I have tried avast, It started to freez my computer, I liked antivir and avg but i did not feel secure so now im trying F-secure it seem to work well it's not slowing my computer down, would bitdefender be better :)
    ps kav,trend,panda,dr web, take 3 to 4 hr to finish?
    help :doubt:

12. mikel108

This thread is about Bitdefenders Online Scan, however if you do a search of the forum you will find a lot about BD. If that does not suffice, post a new thread and others who use it will be along to tell you their feelings.

13. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

I like BitDefender and have the registered version. And I agree with Panda being a GREAT online scan.

14. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

I just tried the Online scanner of Bitdefender. Its cool. It scanned more number of files than the free version that I use as a backup scanner. The engine is different and better for sure.
    Highly Recommended!

Abhishek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.