New Folder Problem

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by dochollywood101, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dochollywood101

dochollywood101 Registered Member

I am having an unusual problem with Prevx. When I want to save something such as a picture from the web and want to create a new folder in which to save it, the popup to name the folder does not appear. Yet when I go to the very location in which the folder was to located, a "new folder" will be there. When I stop Prevx, then the popup window appears as it should asking me to name the folder and after naming, I am able to save the file into the newly created folder. I know Prevx is doing is job dealing with the popup but that is a legit popup and I don't know how to get around it outside of disabling Prevx. Thanks!

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Can you please send a Prevx scan log to Prevx as stated in this post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1662381&postcount=1

TIA,

TH

3. dochollywood101

Scan log has been sent. Another question.. I have the Prevx settings on default as when installed. Is that sufficient protection or is it better to raise them? On SOL, I have the user settings on Max.. Running it in combo with KIS 2011 (build 556). Thanks for all your help.

4. dochollywood101

Didn't work. Oh well.. I'll just disable Prevx as needed. THanks for your help!

5. Triple Helix

Did someone reply from support? If not wait for PrevxHelp here to answer your query!

HTH,

TH

6. Triple Helix

I know other users have being using the two without problems maybe some will reply here?

TH

7. dochollywood101

Hi.. I followed the steps to save and email the scan log. I did receive a reply back to rescan and then reboot. I am still having the same problem with the folder name window popup not appearing due to prevx when I want to make a new folder within which to save a file. One thing that I did not do when emailing a copy of the scanlog was to describe the problem I was having. I don't know if that will make a difference or not but since I have Prevx installed on two computers and the problems still remains on both, I assumed that the fix did not work. As far as working with KIS 2011, it appears to be working just fine with it. I haven't noticed any incompatibilities or problems. I was just wondering if the default settings of Prevx with SOL are sufficiently secure or should they be cranked up some. Otherwise, it runs very light. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.