Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Aaron Here, Dec 10, 2010.
napoleon, what's the status on this?
Awaiting a reply...he collected all the data he needed so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Apparently some others have reported similar issues, but it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.
What was the version # that last worked correctly ?
As the current version backs-up and restores perfectly for me (on both my desktop and laptop) I suspect an unusual conflict exists on napoleon's PCs.
Drive Snapshot v1.40.15721, dated Jun 15 2011, is now available for download.
As has been the case with all 'minor' builds, no release notes are provided.
Thanks Aaron. While I do not know what my issue was with the last two versions, this version has finally "resolved" my issues and it runs fine on all the machines that I had issues with.
I'm glad to hear that napoleon...
Now, I do not care about its updates because all the time, users just update but do not know why they need to update
Where do you get the 15721 from?
Thanks for the update notice and thanks so much for recommending this amazing tiny backup program to me several months back (I'm loving it)!
Glad it worked out for you. The funny thing is that my son much prefers Acronis True Image (but that's ok with me, as long as he backs-up on a regular basis)!
Drive Snapshot v1.40.15742, dated Jul 14 2011, is now available for download.
As with all 'minor' builds, no release notes are provided...
From where do you get the minor built v1.40.15742 information, which I have highlighted in red color?
I never seem to find this minor built information, on their site and/or when I install DS. Must be somewhere, and I am missing it.
It is bugging me!
This is the second time, I am asking this question to you.
right-click on the exe and check out Properties/Details
Bless you, my dear moontan!
Thanks Aaron! I can always count on you for DS updates!
Yup, that's how I get it (sorry KOR, I must have overlooked your request the first time around).
Yw napoleon, I only wish we could count on Tom Ehlert to provide a 'what's changed' list with every release!
Yeah no kidding...not holding my breath on that one!
Drive SnapShot v1.40.15814 (dated Aug 18 2011) is now available for download...
...and as usual, no release notes accompany this build.
I haven't tried the latest versions but does Win7 restore just fine without any fixes to the BCD (that's on to a brand new HD)?
Thanks Aaron...I will certainly get this going!
I e-mailed Tom three days ago but I've had no response. I'll post my questions here in case anyone knows the answers:
1. Is the license yearly or lifetime?
2. Can I use on more than one PC that I personally own? (Laptop for instance.)
3. Just out of curiosity, what language is Drive Snapshot written in?
Hi Seeker, I'll try to answer your questions (emphasis on 'try'):
1. As with many software products, I believe the license is for the life of the major release (v1.xx, v2.xx, etc.). In that regard, DS is much more liberal than any other software license I've ever purchased. I started using DS v1.24 in 2007 (4 years have gone by and the current DS version is just 1.40)!
2. That depends on how you use DS. The cost of a license is based on the number of PCs you wish to 'install' it on. But there's no need to install it (or even place the executable) on every PC you own unless you wish to create hot-images. I only use DS to cold-image my desktop and laptop, and as DS' executable (snapshot.exe) is portable I keep but one copy of snapshot.exe on the external USB drive where I store my image files, therefore (as I see it) I only need a single license.
3. While I really don't know the answer for sure, being so tiny I suspect it's written in one of the versions of 'C'.