New Bullguard Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by elvis1959, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvis1959

elvis1959 Registered Member

I contacted Bullguard tech support to ask whether Bullguard Internet Security 7 has rootkit protection and HTTP scanning. The first tech support person said it has no rootkit protection, but that it does have HTTP scanning. 2 days later, another tech support person told me that it will detect most rootkits, but that removal of rootkits must usually be done manually. The second person also told me that the current antivirus engine does not have HTTP scanning capabilties, but that it will probably be built into the next version of Bullguard. Both times tech support via chat was incredibly fast, thorough, and polite. Of course, it was interesting that 2 different tech support persons gave me 2 sets of answers. If the second person is correct, would this be adequate protection for my computer?

2. The One

The One Frequent Poster

In short, yes
    BullGuard is a vrey good suite. The AV is the BitDefender engine and the firewall is based on Outpost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.