New BlackIce  (sends info on install?)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Raygun, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raygun

Raygun Registered Member

Hey the new BlackIce PC Protection has this file in the install package that uncompresses called blat.exe Now that file is something used a lot I found to send email through SMTP from a command line.

My question is: If ISS is suposed to be protecting us why are they sending themselves back information without letting us know? And what are they sending? I'm not sure how to detect the actual send, my Inctrl5 install monitor informed me of the files. Just curious if anyone knew about this or had seen this?

The program is working great by the way, and seems to have many more options which really look cool. Just a little disturbed that they may have sent info without my knowledge! o_O

2. Jack

Jack Guest

I don't use ISS products myself, but if you want to see what info they are sending, then try a sniffer, like Ethereal.....:)

Jack

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

yes, best packet sniffer for windows.

www.ethereal.com

you'll need the winpcap files installed too. There is a link on Ethereal's  site to get em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.