New Beta Versions

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by TechElder, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechElder

TechElder Registered Member

1st concern: Why does Webroot not post a link to a new beta version when it is available?? I am currently on 8.0.0.15. Since the beta is now open, why should 8.0.0.25 be available to some and not all who choose to use it. When I check for new version available, the message is that I am using newest version, which is obviously wrong. It is difficult to follow the beta threads if we don't have access to the most current version.

2nd concern: What is the difficulty of Webroot determining what will be the status of current paid subscribers of Prevx 3 who have subscription time left? Will Prevx 3 continue as is and be supported?, will there be multiple versions of WSA?, will I be refunded any balance should I choose not to be converted to WSA. Shouldn't be too difficult to have a plan in place. IMHO, much too much secrecy in this whole Prevx 4 (Now WSA) process.

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The closed beta testers are receiving the very latest internal builds before everyone else currently. It is not, therefore, strictly an open beta as we're all not singing from the same hymn sheet, but at some point we will all be getting the same builds at once.
    It does look as if there will be at least three different versions of WSA; namely Anti-virus, Essentials & Complete. This is actually the current product line of Webroot as shown on their website, but they use a different anti-malware engine presently. I suspect WSA in its varying flavours will replace those currently on offer. In this thread I provided a link to an article which gave some hints as to the direction the product line is going.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. TechElder

TechElder Registered Member

Thanks for response.

Maybe there should then be 2 beta forums. The postings for 8.0.0.25 are in
    "Webroot Secure Anywhere PUBLIC forum".

Article in PC Mag does not address status of current paid Prevx 3 users. If because of new features available in WSA there will be additional fee to convert, will I get the features I currently have with Prevx 3 SOL (anti-virus, anti-malware, SOL) with the anti-virus version of WSA or equivalent for no charge?

Thanks again.

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I don't think any of us know the answer to that at the moment. PrevxHelp will be the best person to give us any info on this once he has it himself.

As to having an additional forum for the closed beta testers, all users have been encouraged to contact the Beta Support Team directly rather than report issues here, either via the Feedback button on the WSA UI or this link. I know this doesn't always happen, but it is what is preferred and that way problems/feedback get seen to more centrally.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.