New Avira Premium Security Suite (AntiVir 8)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

150% agreed, right now its sitting at 88.41 it was just over 90$ last time i checked so the exchange may have changed a bit. this is for one year only as well.. i have to pass as well sucks since this so far is my fav to date..

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Getting too busy helping Avira folks, Eset folks ......and what will be next?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

helping McAfee folks is my next target , my next aim .

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I like to be helped by these 'biggies' security wise, when buying their products to be safe, without all those glitches for a long time.....

5. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

o_O o_O $90 o_O o_O for a one year /3 pc suite.

If I take a look at avira.cleverbridge, it's $53.95

6. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

A 3 user license is almost $80. That's only for a year. I am getting to the point where I will probably just run avast Home! Until one of the av companies can make a cheap, strong dtection, simple av that won't slow my system down or forever alter my computer with NTFS Object Identifiers. Funny thing is, the only one I can find at this point is ....

Panda..

LOL..

7. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

interesting how diffrent the prices are ;)
    I'm seeing the suite one year licence / 3 PCs for $79.95 (US dollar) in canadian dollar it is over 90 (CAD 92.0:cool:

i don't know if it changes every day depending on the Exchange rate

8. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

:thumb: My mistake, You are right it's $80....forgot to select 3 pc's.......:ouch: :blink:

(got to stay away from tequila and beer o_O :D )

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Why doesn't Avira have more choices? Where did they get the idea that most folks have either one or three computers at home? I have two. I don't need three! :D One of them has no AV because it is is so hard to get anything for 98SE now. If I buy another computer next year with XP then I guess I would have to put a free AV on one computer because I wouldn't buy a license for three when I only have two computers. Or I would have to move to F-Prot as they have, by far, the best deal for multiple home computers.

10. zfactor

88.41 here after converting to us dollars

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

not worth it. Sorry folks but AV products are going to evolve big time in the next 2 years or go under.

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

$80-90 doesn't seem to be too far out of line for a suite... if that's what we're talking about. Look at all the others...

13. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Curious since the "loonie" is valued higher than the "sawback" these days...

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I took the beta 08 of and put on 2007 for 3months free nice, but i didnt install firewall part now the umbrella is down ? Im not keen on firewalls, whats the firewall like any issues? im behind a firewall Nat router anyhow Tx MD

edit its ok uninstalled fw part seems fine, very light nice better then avg suite even !

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  15. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

$90 USD is high, but KIS 7 is $80 for a 3 user license at the KL site. Than again you can find pretty good deals on KIS/KAV elsewhere. Right now Bitdefender is offering their Security Suite 2008 or $40 for a 3 user license. Pretty good deal.

16. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I understand some folks think $80 is in line with others, probably it is.. However, I'm not really "impressed" with the others. The only one I barely liked was Panda.. but it won't work at all on my wife's computer, so as a consumer looking for a 3 user license Panda is out. Trend Micro totally slowed my desktop to a crawl, and that was hard to believe. I may try Bitdefender but I heard it really is known to slow systems down. Perhaps I'll give FProt a try...

The only one that seems to work for me is the free one, Avast, LOL...

17. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm back to trialing Bitdefender IS 2008 after checking out the Avira beta. I haven't noticed any slowdowns with Bitdefender in day to day use. The only time I noticed any slowdown was after running a deep system scan. Pages loaded slower than normal. After a few minutes things were back to normal. I haven't run another scan yet, but might do that tonight.

18. zfactor

i liked bitdefender 7 or 8 maybe i dont remember the exact number, but it was a bit of a hog. i have not used 10 0r 2008 yet so i cant comment on those i can say that the version i used the firewall was pretty bad and the av was kinda of just okay. i didnt find it had great detection but all the tests and the people are saying it has come a long way since then.. maybe worth a look to see. i picked up a total of 10 lic for kis for a grand total of 25$ .. yup... cant say where since i was asked not to.. but there is a seller in the uk that does list on ebay at times. and they are legit i have used 2 of them on my mom's and sisters computers and they do def activate and work great... but im just not sure i can bring myself to use it just because of the tags issues ..

19. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Same here. I'm trialing BD AV 2008 (i was attracted by the latest av-test.org review) and i must say i'm very impressed with it. Nice, smooth and 'safe' (tested :D ). Kudos to the folks at Softwin :thumb:

20. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Can definiately attest to BitDefender. Using Total Security 2008 and it's been light on resources and shown great performance.

It was a great price, too. Just over $60 US for 3 PCs for 2 years. That's for the "Total Security" that also has backup and other features too, and still half the price of Avria suite's 3 PC/2 year! The primary reason I strayed away from Avira is due to the price of the suite, as others have mentioned. This made me look for an alternative and I've been very pleased with BitDefender.

If Avira's prices were lowered I'd definately have more considerations to their suite.

v8 so far doesn't seem to be doing much better in my eyes than v7. =/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  21. zfactor

going to try bitdefender again i think..

22. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I forgot that I'm also a bitdefender licence holder :)

23. Macstorm

The only thing i don't like about BD is sometimes certain signature updates needs a system reboot :doubt:

24. zfactor

agreed i have seen that before with them.not sure on 2008 version though

25. Macstorm

the same on v2008 which i'm trialing. I had to reboot yesterday, now today again :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.