New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Same here. The "remove" and "purge old hashes", either one does basically the same thing. With both you have to click on the process first. With "remove" you would click on the process with the old hash, then "remove". With "purge old hashes" you click on one of the processes with the same location and name (and of course multiple listings for different hashes), then "remove old hashes". Most of the time (in my case all of the time), you only have two hashes for the particular process (one old, one new). "Remove" is just as easy by clicking on the old hash. "Purge old hashes" does not really add a lot unless you have gone several updates to a program and have many old hashes to deal with.

2. puff-m-d

Better yet, why not just have ERP when it prompts and you tell it to whitelist a certain process, then ERP checks the whitelist for that process and if already present in the whitelist, then the old hash is overwritten with the new hash. You cannot have two processes with the same name at the same location/file path anyways. Or at least have an "automatically overwrite old hash with new" option.

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Bug report:
    Running on Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.
    Today, the computer started to act weird and I couldn't run applications rather than IE.
    Run, Task Manager and My Computer could open but not Action Center.
    Scan for malware: 0 found by avast! and MBAM.
    All apps could run in Safe Mode.
    I decide to make a test and uninstall ERP and there it was!
    Now, everything is fine and all apps can be started.

ERP was not in lockdown mode. It was working fine with no many popups.
    I had "Purge" option enabled and did few updates lately.
    There were no entries under blocked tab.
    Could "Purge" be the cause of this problem?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

So, is it confirmed that the new version has conflict with Rollback or not?

5. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@puff-m-d

We plan to add an option that recursively scans all the whitelist items and it deletes the items related to files that are not anymore present in the system.

This option is already there, see this image:
    http://postimage.org/image/93j64739v/

@siketa

That issue looks strange, I have now enabled the option "Purge" so I will wait to reproduce the issue. Regarding this: "and did few updates lately", what updates did you do exaclty ? Did you installed new software ?

@Fuzzfas @tuatara

I have installed RollbackRX and in few hours I plan to test it with ERP so I can see if I can reproduce the issue and fix the problem.

@everyone

We wish to everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year :)

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I made an updates of Dragon browser, Windows update and few other apps that got newer versions released.
    I will reinstall ERP today and will continue to monitor for possible issues.

7. Fuzzfas

Thanks, but i found another solution. I am going to uninstall Rollback. Since i installed it, i see weird things. Before i installed it, NVT 2.6.6 had never given me error. I also had a weird reboot without dump file created just minutes ago. Maybe Comodo or Avast don't like it? I don't know, but i m getting tired of this instability that i didn't have before. So i m getting rid of it.

And i am buying a license for NVT today or in the next 24h as a Xmas present to myself. :D

I will try to pick a security combo and stay with it for the next few months, so i won't have to re-activate a milion times. With any luck, Shadow Defender will come out with TRIM version, so that i will be able to try software without using images and need to re-activate as often as i do now.
    In any case, i think i can hold up till the version with the new activation is out.

The program is useful and it deserves support. I just hope you don't make it bloated in the end.

8. puff-m-d

Hello,

I just wanted to say that this latest version is running on my system without any glitches at all. The previous version would hiccup every now and then such as hanging on reboots thus freezing starting processes where I would have to exit ERP and then restart ERP to render my system usable. This and any other problems that I had are now fixed and ERP is running as smooth as can be. Great update for a good software! Keep up the good work! This is definitely one software that I am glad I tried. It just will get better and better with the implementation of the new to-do list and new features.....

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

10. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Bug update: compatibility problem between avast, MBAM Pro and NVT ERP.

I have made further testing....
    Today I reinstalled ERP and everything was fine in that same session.
    After first restart, the problem has returned.

avast and MBAM Pro work nice together without ERP.
    avast and ERP or MBAM Pro and ERP work fine too.
    But all together create a problem.

nvt, can you try to reproduce it?

This could be my system and setup but let's check it....

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  11. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@siketa

Thanks for the update, I will install all the 3 programs tomorrow morning and I will see what happens.

12. Fuzzfas

I finally had to reinstall Windows from scratch, since uninstalling Rollback had some...strange collateral effects. Booting to Windows was showing green dots.... even after it was uninstalled... Even after i restored image with Macrium. Rollback probably had something written in the MBR and i had to delete partitions and re-install on raw partition and let Windows re-format again.

Finally i installed NoVirusThanks Pro. The paid version is so much better! :D

One question? What are the "quarantine files"o_O I thought something could be either blocked or allowed... What's the purpose of quarantine?

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Ok, thanks!
    Let me know if you would need some additional info or settings.

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

@novirusthanks company,merry christmas:thumb: :thumb:

15. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Avast Free, MBAM Pro and NVT ERP all working together just fine here on XP. No problems at all.

16. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

[MOVE]Merry Christmas Everybody :D:D:thumb::thumb:[/MOVE]

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Merry Christmas Everybody
    i copied and paste the above moving merry christmas but after pasting it doesnt move :)

18. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Really? Mine is moving!

[MOVE]Merry Christmas Everybody :D:D:thumb::thumb:[/MOVE]

:)

19. DBone

DBone Registered Member

[MOVE]So is mine :p [/MOVE]

20. Boost

Boost Registered Member

[MOVE]Have a Merry Christmas Everybody :thumb: [/MOVE]

21. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Fuzzfas

Thanks for the purchase :)

The quarantine option allows you to move a process in the quarantine (like a recycle bin) and then you are able, from the "Quarantine" tab, to permanently delete it or restore it to its original location.

22. Fuzzfas

I love lightweight programs and this is lightweight. And you were so ready to listen to my "activation problem", that it is the least i could do! So, thank YOU. :thumb: :D

Ah, i see. So it's easier to see what was blocked without deleting it. Interesting.

IMHO, to make it "perfect", 2 features could be done:
    - DLL injection monitoring, as an advanced option (it will be more annoying, so not for everyone). For example, upon installation, have the option to whitelist all DLLs on the disk (assuming you are sure you are virus-free). Like Faronics antiexecutable does (but never works on my pc, it always freezes at some point).
    - A "trainning mode", so that one could switch off easier the "allow all from program folder". It would take much less time than manually approving each program.
    - I read earlier posts that at least at some point it had behaviour blocker too. I think it's good to have, but don't overdo it. The strong point of this program is that it's light. Don't make it become "Comodo" (aka full blown HIPS or suite), covering everything. Just my opinion of course. The more complicated, the more bugs and conflicts.

Anyway, great program. Keep it light and it will be a success. Don't bloat it. :D And stability is better than new features. Don't rush things up.

Merry Xmas everyone!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

24. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

there is a small annoyance with the UI of the password Prompt.

each of the password prompts be it lockdown mode or disable protection opens in the top left corner of the screen instead of center of the screen.

just a minor thing but i thought better to report it.

http://postimage.org/image/afhzs7wrz/

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

merry christmas to all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.