New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

Does the delay still exist without ERP?
    (portable apps usually opens slower than the installed version)

2. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

The delay occurs only with ERP installed. But what's weird is that even when ERP is disabled the delay is still there. I've to uninstall it to solve the problem.

3. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

This sounds weird af. So when NVT ERP is set to Protection Disabled from Protection Mode, you still get a delay? But as soon as you uninstall you don't get delay? Make sure to reboot after reinstalling NVT ERP

4. BananaMoe

BananaMoe Registered Member

I also have the feeling that "Protection Disabled" is more of an "Allow mode" now. When protection is disabled and I open an application I still see little peaks in IO activity and CPU usage. So it is doing something (not sure if that something has to do anything with protection though)...

5. SHvFl

SHvFl Registered Member

Correct. The service is still on but instead of "filtering" it just logs "actions".

6. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

Yes I still get the delay. It disappears when I kill the process "ERPSvc.exe".

To uninstall I use a third party app to remove the leftovers, next I reboot and then I look for empty folders using " Everything".

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This looks and has all the marks of a clash with some other program within that system. Sometimes that does happens but is been fairly rare looking thru other posts and experiences of issues.

8. Floyd 57

Yeah, @K3yRoX needs to troubleshoot it more. Make a clean install of windows 10 in a vm or w/e, do you still have the issue? If not, keep adding your regular software. Then keep changing it until it resembles your current config. Eventually you'll find the issue. Unless you don't. But you have yet to get to that point

9. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

I've just tried in a VM and the problem remains.

I downloaded CCleaner portable https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Without ERP CCleaner64.exe took less than a second to start. With ERP in alert mode it took 3-4 sec.

10. SHvFl

SHvFl Registered Member

Erp is starting to become a liability. Second time i notice the gui not running while the service is still running. Only way to start gui and filtering is to restart the service.
    It's just not reliable anymore because no errors or anything to show it didn't start.

11. mood

mood Updates Team

Remember, you are using "pre-releases" of ERP and it is still under development.
    "Alpha, beta, test"-releases might be more prone to errors, crashes, etc.

12. Floyd 57

Yeah, on top of that, we're also using it for free :D

But then again, we're the doing the dev's testing for free as well, so I think it's fair, every1 wins

Side note, I'm not sure what the File, System Tools and Help tabs are supposed to do on the top left of the interface, currently they do nothing for me other than glow blue, even if I press them

13. SHvFl

SHvFl Registered Member

And what do you want me to do? Say that everything is fine and how wonderful it operates? I need to write my comments so the developer can investigate if he wishes but more importantly to warn other users to be careful and make sure they don't have the same issue.

14. Floyd 57

"Erp is starting to become a liability." sounds like someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to use it :D

Anyway, do you not have a tray icon for NVT ERP? You should notice if it's missing right?

15. SHvFl

SHvFl Registered Member

It's a liability because it doesn't launch without an error or warning message. Don't worry about me as i don't use erp i just test it.
    Anw it's not a debate. I reported what i observed and users and developers can act as they wish. It's doesn't really affect me.

16. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Please stop talking nonsense, other browsers like Vivaldi don't do this, so why should Chrome collect this info?

Perhaps only on Win 10, on Win 8 I don't have any serious problems.

17. mood

mood Updates Team

Sure, don't stop reporting :)

18. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

companies do what they want. If I'm not annoyed by their methods, i keep using.
    The nonsense is to believe what the marketing says. Lol

19. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Exactly, but not all companies are the same. If people don't complain and question things, they will never stop. Chrome has no business trying to access certain of my folders, end of story.

20. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

The thing is Chrome is not forced on you, don't like, don't use. No reason to complain about things you don't use...
    If you like Chrome but want restrict some stuff, use SRP as i do. Problem solved.

BTW, chrome software reporter tool is made to detect and eventually remove conflicting program/extensions to prevent crashes.
    So legit process, not saying, with chrome v71 that will block code-injecting softs, this tool make sense more than ever.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 5:21 PM
  21. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I have seen the same delay on Windows 10 in program launching, it depends which program. Some programs launch fast, some have noticeable delays. Disabling ERP protection doesn't help. Uninstalling helps.
    It is not a conflict with other security softs, because the behavior is consistent even without any other security softs installed, and even if Windows Defender is disabled. It's something with the driver.

22. Floyd 57

If the problem was with the driver, I would have it. But I don't. So the problem is with the driver and his specific system. Which is why I suggested he do a clean install of windows 10 in VM and then start to modify it until it reaches his current system's state, to check when the issue appears

23. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

Yes, some software isn't affected by the issue. (ex: Defraggler portable )

As you said it's something related to the driver.

24. BananaMoe

BananaMoe Registered Member

But even with protection disabled it seems the service is still calculating file hashes. My guess is that this happens sequentially, blocking processes until their file hash has been computed, which just starts after the hash of the previously started application has been computed thus leading to delays.

I have experienced this too. "RadarPro.exe" not started at all, even though "ERPSvc.exe" runs. Very rarely though. But it also happened with ERP3 on multiple of my systems.

25. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

@novirusthanks- Might be a stretch but at sometime along in current development as far as aesthetic visual aid concerns, any opinion on bolding up Alert Boxes in similar manner as ERP v3?

A couple of my own lame sample examples thrown together for what it's worth.

ss.jpg
    The yellow/amber caution banner is been useful in ERP v.3 as well as Alert Box Notification when a Whitelisted Hash/Process is been changed or modified.

xx.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.