New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

I sent you a PM A20 with the new ERP version, please let me know if it has the bug fixed. Thank you for reporting that issue.

2. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Not sure this will do what you want, but try right-clicking the icon (to open the program) rather than double-clicking it.

3. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

In version 2.3, what is the "Protected Processes" tab for and how is it to be used? There seems to be no mention of it in the Help menu (at least that I could find).

Also, in this new version, it appears that the Behavioral Analysis function was removed. Is that correct?

4. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Thanks, issue solved, keep up the good work.:thumb:

5. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@KelvinW4 @A20

Thanks for the feedback.

@Tom

I already replyed to your questions by email, but I will write here the reply as it may be useful to other users too:

Protected Processes are processes that are protected with a password and the user needs to type the correct password to execute the protected processes.
    Usage is simple, firstly we need to set the master password, to do so go to "Settings" Tab => "Protection" Tab => Insert your password (example: http://postimage.org/image/pjqnrn09t/) and then click the button with the disk icon to save the password. Now go to "Protected Processes" Tab and click with the right mouse button, select "Add" and select the process you want to protect with the password, example: http://postimage.org/image/mzhdwqgz5/. Now to test it, just minimize EXE Radar and try to open the protected process, it will prompt you to insert the password to execute the selected process, example: http://postimage.org/image/hvq48j5v5/
    Only if you type the correct password the process will be executed.

Yes, it has been removed temporarily, we will re-add it in the next versions.

A new version has been released today (all customers have received the download link by email, make sure to check the spam folder too):

[13-07-2012] v2.4.0.0
    + Ask confirmation when user clicks on "Remove All" in RMB of Blacklist and Whitelist Tabs
    + Improved first-run whitelist
    + Move a process from the BlackList to the WhiteList and vice versa
    + Fixed startup injection issue
    + Fixed save of Events to the log file
    + Fixed removal of processes from the WhiteList and BlackList if the process is only one
    + Added option to block processes executed from USB
    + Added option to block processes executed from CD-ROM
    + Added option to block processes executed from Network Drives
    + Show a warning message if user adds to WhiteList a file that is already present in the WhiteList or if it is present in the BlackList
    + Show a warning message if user adds to BlackList a file that is already present in the BlackList or if it is present in the WhiteList

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Can someone briefly explain what the Stealth Mode does?

7. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

Stealth Mode is used to hide the application form and tray icon from the system by pressing the custom hotkey. You can also password protect the disengage of the Stealth Mode by enabling the option "Password Protect Stealth Mode" in "Settings" Tab => "Protection" Tab.

8. A20

A20 Registered Member

I found another bug.

I'm not sure how I cause it but it's something like this:

1) I right click the system tray and uncheck protection.

2) Then randomly I open up the program GUI and click under Protection status to Enable it again.

Then it randomly disable's itself and turns itself back on.

Mix up steps 1 and 2 they both randomly cause it.

EDIT: Forget it it was my fault for some reason I thought that it said Enable and not Enabled so when I clicked it it would change.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I haven't had the chance to try the new "block" options in v2.4 (USB, CD-ROM and Network Drive), but I have a suggestion. Instead of just "blocking" them, what about the possibility of making them password protected options instead?

10. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would have to agree

I like the idea of password protecting, rather than blocking.

11. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

:blink:

12. Moosehead77

Question. Is this program all up to the user? Say i get a pop up that asks me to allow or deny but what im reading in pop up dosent make sense to me for instance..............

uh89eytg873yrhbg9qp3u8yg3yg49[3rhv-[9q3hv9r9gh9re[hg9qwe

Should NoVirusThanks

Allow or Deny

*At this point im sweating a bullet*

What to choose dear God what to choose?

Or does the program run itself for the most part?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  13. ravnen

ravnen Registered Member

It's really simple.
    You should block and delete anything you didn't ask for. So yes, you decide.
    Like when you get a phishing mail telling you to hand out your bank account information.

/Jesper

14. Moosehead77

Well i usually just give the bank info out but if i didnt want to i would just not. Dont see the need for the program for that.

I dont know if its so simple unless your super tech. I downloaded avast last night to test it out as im loading it up i get a strange thing on the screen kinda like what i typed above only longer...uyrtf6f67rhgr6f7dh...antivirus asked if i should allow...or was it the firewall...either way i hit deny because i didnt know what it was...i didnt ask for ahgdyer7f74ry78rfhr8...i asked for avast gosh darn it.....But when i chose deny avast no more download..boo hoo..i was able to fix the problem i just went and bought a new computer being that i didnt want to tinker with that nonsense...once i got the new puter setup and running this time for avast download i chose accept...So i need a program that handles this in an intelligent way. You know machines are our brains nowadays. And im lazy, so i dont wanna have to click and choose and...ohhhhh God why is life so hard?...in any case seems the program isnt for me but thank you for answering my question.

15. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Do the statistics in the Status tab and the activity listed in the Events tab purge themselves every day? It looks that way. I thought maybe that information would be cumulative.

16. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@TomAZ

Do you mean like to prompt for the password when an application is executed from a USB, CD-ROM or Network Drive and allow its execution only if the password typed is correct ?

The statistics from Status Tab are reset everytime EXERadar.exe is executed. The statistics from Events Tab are saved in the Logs path as HTML format when EXE Radar is closed or the PC is shutdown/restarted.

17. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. A user may wish to block execution from these devices most of the time, but on occasion there may be a legitimate need to run an application from one of them.

18. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I just bought a license for EXE Radar Pro.
    First impression of it is that it is quite responsive, no delays when editing settings.
    My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

I have running 6 programs related to security and none of them seem to interfere with eachother. the programs I use at this moment are:
    (the order is random, no particular reason why Exe radar pro is at #6)

1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. (standard default settings).
    2. Comodo Firewall (Defense+/sandbox disabled).
    3. Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit v3.0 (EMET). (DEP, SEHOP, ASLR protection).
    4. Sandboxie v3.72 (with experimental 64-bit protection enabled).
    5. Shadow Defender (X64) (version 1.1.0.325).
    6. NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro (X64) (v2.3.0.0).

They all seem to work quite well with eachother, no errors, no bsod, no strange popups or any error thus far. :thumb:

Furthermore I like to agree with TomAZ about using a password to run executables instead of blocking them entirely.

I like to add that I blacklisted several programs in the windows folder. programs I have blacklisted are:
    regedit, regedt32, cscript, wscript in both System32 and SysWOW64.
    The reason I blacklisted them is because I rarely use them and if at some point I need to run one of those then I just remove them from the blacklist within EXE radar pro.
    I like this better then to edit the list in gpedit.msc (apc/applocker) that is native to windows. and I can block running the group policy editor in EXE radar pro as well or services.msc or anything really. I still have to investigate what other programs I want to block from execution. But one way or the other I like Exe Radar Pro doing this, because the overview is very good and it has MD5 checksums with it and you can easily copy checksums or program names/paths to a text file. Very handy indeed !.

Another reason why I have 6 security programs running is that I always login into windows as administrator. I just don't like to setup a limited user account (lua).
    Anyway, to each his/hers own of course. And to maximize security I should have a non-admin account, but I've chosen not to do that.
    Hence my blocking of various administrative tools and such.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  19. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Does anyone have the download link for NVT exe pro version? I'm running version 1.3.6.5 and running update doesn't seem to work.

20. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

I'd like to help you but I'm not sure where that link is o_O
    As soon as I purchased the pro version and finished payment I got directed to another page confirming my purchase and a download link in it with my registration info.

So I'm not sure that you can directly download the new pro version. I hope someone else is able to help you.

The official and publicly available link:
    http://www.novirusthanks.org/product/exe-radar-pro/

but I only see the free for personal use link (only 32 bit).

I'd like to add that I just purchased this product, so I don't completely know everything there is to know about obtaining it by other means.

21. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

At least for now, I think jna99 might be right. If you purchase the Pro version, you get access to the current version.

22. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@jna99

Thank you for your great feedback!

We should add this new feature in the next versions.

We just finished today adding support for Windows 8 Release Preview and we plan to add tomorrow the support for Windows updates: ERP should auto-allow the execution of the processes related to Windows updates process.

23. guest

guest Guest

when would we have the x64 free version downloadable?

24. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If you are a license holder you are sent the link to any new versions by email.

Check your spam box?

25. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

Thank you very much. We will see what future versions will bring. I'm not sure if I'm going to switch to Windows 8 immediately, I'm very happy with Windows 7 as it is.

Could you please also clarify how to obtain new and current versions ?
    I have received the new version 2.4.0.0 from a mail sent by NVT. Personally I don't have a problem obtaining the most recent version of Exe Radar Pro.

But for some new users or users with old licenses it is a bit unclear how to be able to get a hold of current/future PRO versions.
    I think it is better for a NoVirusThanks official to explain.
    Anyway thanks for updating and news about EXE Radar. much appreciated. :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.