New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Wooow,really?That's what i call a super duper cool support,thank you very much!:thumb:
    Please,just a little sign here to let us know when it will happen.

2. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

New version has been released to all customers and is available for purchase, here is the changelog:

[07-07-2012] v2.3.0.0
    + Added compatibility with 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
    + Synchronized 64-bit version with 32-bit version
    + Support LUA startup
    + Main executable GUI does not need anymore high privileges to run
    + All settings are saved per-user, so each user of the PC can have its own settings, whitelist, blacklist, password protected executables, etc
    + Password prompt if a user tries to suspend protection (the option can be checked/unchecked)
    + Password prompt if a user tries to exit the application (the option can be checked/unchecked)
    + Password prompt if a user tries to whitelist or allow an unknown process from the alert dialog (the option can be checked/unchecked)
    + Added "Quarantine" Tab to manage processes blocked and sent to the quarantine folder, from the Tab users can delete permanently the quarantined files or restore them
    + Removed few features: behavioral, rules, notifier
    + Auto allow/block processes whitelisted/blacklisted while the alert dialog is showing
    + Improved first-run whitelist
    + Few bugs fixed

3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

About the free version,nothing?I downloaded the installer and it's still the 1.3.6.5 version...

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

According to their site, it says the free version is 32-bit only, like SpyShelter?

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Where do I download the latest version?

I see no trial that can be converted into a paid licensed copy.

6. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I found it got sent to my email.

7. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

No trial version of the new release?

8. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

We have just released this version for actual and future customers since we have fixed an important bug reported by users days ago, in few days we will release the trial version and we will update the free version.

9. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Is there a significant difference between what this application does and what Winpatrol does?

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

well winpatrol is a light duty hips that protects the registry,and alert on new start up objects and new drivers and or services in real time(winpatrol plus)now for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar is a anti-executable and like or sort of hips that control and protect more areas of your system than a light hips,it also has behabiour blocking capabilities i believe :) and also alert on new programs and has white/black list and also anti-exploit kind of thing to protect the browser in real time;)

11. KelvinW4

I really like this release compared to the older one:thumb:

12. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I've never used NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. Is it fairly light on resources?

Also, anyone know when the latest version will be released to the general public with a trial?

13. KelvinW4

13k memory and it is light as a feather

14. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

kelvin your PC is running the 32 or 64-bit version of Windows?

15. KelvinW4

32bit why?

16. A20

A20 Registered Member

So after using the new version for about an hour, I find it very clean and easy to use.

I did find two things weird though,

The option to "Allow All Software from the Programs Files Folder"

Is enabled by default, would it not be better if it was disabled by default?

Also I can't see anyway to block .com, .bat, .msi?

If there is no way to block them please consider to add them as a option if it's not a lot of trouble.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  17. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I tried the first two versions for a couple of days each but don't recall if "Allow All Software from the Programs Files Folder" was enabled on default. If it was, I disallowed it. I agree with you that it is better if its not allowed.

I only allowed system files. It took me one reboot and about 15 minutes to set the program up. It was very nice. If you want to use one of this programs, I recommend Exe radar.

Bo

18. KelvinW4

I would say there it is there to make it there alot less popups than when it is unticked and the software "assumes" your computer is secure. This would benefit the user alot in terms of usability.

19. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

They only seem to have a 32 bit version to try out. For the price they offer the program at, they should have the 64 bit version to try out as well. Even a 5 day trial is enough. More people would buy im guessing, if the program runs well. Effectiveness but alot of times compatibility is a high factor.

20. noons

noons Registered Member

It was stated above that the new x64 version has been released to customers and the trial version will be out soon..

21. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

Thanks Noons. Im glad my request was met with such urgency.

22. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

A couple days ago, I installed the Free version (1.3.6.5). If I were to purchase the Pro version:

1) Would it be the new 2.3 version?
    2) Does it install right over the top of the old version -- or is it necessary to first uninstall the old version and then do a clean install of the Pro version?

23. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thinking about trying this product. What is the procedure for installing new software after you install this product? Do you have to disable it or does it have some type of install mode? Thanks for your help.

Gary

24. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@A20

Most beginner users would receive a lot of popups if it is disabled, so for usability we added that option enabled by default. Users can always whitelist the applications they use most frequently and then disable the option "Allow All Software from the Programs Files Folder".

We should re-add that in the next versions as a plugin probably, but consider few things:

.msi:
    Are executed (as parameter) by C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    More details:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa367988(v=vs.85).aspx

.bat
    Are executed (as parameter) by C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

.vbs .js .wsf
    Are executed (as parameter) by C:\WINDOWS\system32\WScript.exe
    More details:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...oddocs/en-us/wsh_runfromwindowsbasedhost.mspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host

@TomAZ

1) Yes
    2) You need to first uninstall the old version completely and then install the new version

@huntnyc

Actually there is no "Install Mode" as option, in most cases if you have the option "Auto-Allow Microsoft Windows System Files" enabled and "Allow All Software from Program Files Folder" enabled you should have very few popups displayed during the installation process, most installations execute cmd.exe and rundll32.exe as external system files. Anyway we plan to add such an option in the next versions.

@Moosehead77

We will release soon the trial version.

25. A20

A20 Registered Member

I think I found a bug.

I installed it on a fresh Windows 7 64bit.

Everytime I reboot the protection doesn't turn itself back on, the program loads, I see it in the system tray. When I double click the tray icon, then it starts to protect again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.