New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Has anyone seen this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcNfENdoME

2. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

It would be best to learn the software before reviewing it. He seems to try to make others look bad to prop himself up. Not impressed one bit.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  3. guest

guest Guest

Unknown programs were allowed by the user and C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe (it is on the whitelist) was executed.
    And what is the meaning of the video and where is the "bypass"?
    :cautious:

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I agree. Not at all a good test, and not at all a realistic scenario. He doesn't even know you don't pay for it.

5. If you don't know what executable code is in it's binary file and EXE Radar Pro let's code load into memory even once? Then your Computer is then also compromised by malware, that the whole point of an HIPS Program. So that the user has a form of filter for processes to block if necessary? The 'calc' process was just a test or example that shown on the command list and was a Perl exploit, the other exploit loaded a perl script without showing any form of command line outputs!

6. Your vision matters lol. o_O

7. Peter2150

Well ERP isn't a HIPS program. So if you test like it is you are off base.

8. Well it looks like HIPS to me!

9. Did most of you think that executable file on Video was a normal code execution of 'calc.exe' think again?

10. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@BlackBox Hacker

I believe your test is not correct, let me explain:

1) In your test you allow poc.exe to run -> You could block it with "Block" button
    2) You allow perl.exe to run -> You could block it with "Block" button
    3) Calc.exe is a safe system process and ERP automatically whitelists it so it is not a bypass, calc.exe is whitelisted and thus it is allowed to run
    4) Try to run cmd.exe instead of calc.exe, I'm sure ERP would show you an alert because cmd.exe is in the vulnerable processes list

cmd.png

11. On the video also shows I couldn't even add the process once in whitelist to the blacklist. I like OSArmor better than this.

12. Peter2150

If you say that then you don't know what a HIPS is.

13. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

Of course you need to first delete calc.exe from the whitelist, and then add it to the blacklist.

Open Whitelist -> Applications -> Right-click over C:\WINDOWS\System32\calc.exe and select "Remove selected item(s)"

Then add calc.exe to the blacklist: Open Blacklist -> Right-click and select "Add new..." -> Select C:\WINDOWS\System32\calc.exe -> Done

It cannot be in both the whitelist and the blacklist at the same time :)

14. Say if I wanted 'perl.exe' and 'cmd.exe' process on whitelist, because I'm still using them and I don't want to block them. Perl is also a safe process as well as the 'cmd.exe' why in hell would I block this? When just like in OSArmor Build 26 the paths 'windows' and 'system' blocked the executable from executing into system memory! :thumb: This is are work around fix in the first place.

mal.exe - block
    cmd.exe - safe
    perl.exe - safe

The binary file 'mal.exe' might contain a reverse shell, oh no it's just the calculator. I'm not going to play around with safe processes that the user may or may not use? The whole point of an exploit is to use a safe process to try and exploit the system to gain more access and to try trick security software in allowing it's code!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
  15. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

You don't need to block cmd.exe, you can add perl.exe in the Vulnerable Processes to be alerted everytime it runs:

erp1.png

But take in mind, if your exploit runs an unknown executable (not whitelisted in ERP), ERP will detect it.

So you can even whitelist perl.exe, because all exes started from perl will be detected by ERP (if they are not whitelisted of course, say calc.exe example).

Also note, ERP is different from OSArmor. With ERP you get alerted for every unknown process executed in the system.

16. I would rather bock the main executable file or use OSArmor build 26 that's just my opinion everybody else has there's?

17. Overkill

Exactly!:argh:

18. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

ERP asks you what to do and you can select to allow it once, block it once, whitelist it or blacklist it.

It is an anti-executable (not an HIPS) and is made to alert you everytime an unknown process is executed.

19. Overkill

:thumb:

20. This makes a lot of sense, but I still wouldn't use it.

21. Overkill

If you want to test a HIPS, test Comodo

22. You are correct, have you ever tried Privatefirewall 7.0 Software? Privatefirewall can block all threats apart from Web browser DLL code injections! :shifty:

23. :thumbd:

24. Peter2150

Blackbox Hacker

If you understand what ERP is and still don't think it's worth using, then surely there is no more need to post about it.

25. Yes that's right mate! :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.