New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Guys who want to pay can always donate.... :)

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Yes, of course, but doing things under this scheme the dev or firm doesn't get or feel obliged to give support or continue development to their loyal customers/followers. Anyway at anytime, they can cut development providing a reasonable notification in advance.
    Donation is quite different from payment, at least in software area.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Well said, Mr X

4. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Weather its free, donate or a fee per year it just plain works. I use it everyday and glad I do.

5. liba

liba Registered Member

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

7. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Online help suggests that right click ERP icon will show me three lockdown options. But all I see is Lockdown and for how long.
    I'd like to set Lockdown(Advanced) and clearly need help.
    This is on Windows10 64 bit, using v3.1-15052015 build1.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Check out signature of ERP Proponent's post HERE. The beta build is what you have. So do I. The beta build lacks the advanced lockdown. The stable build does have the lockdown options.

9. Two answers (in reverse order)
    2. Run it from java, javascript, python, php, etc on a webpage or with a test application calling a DLL.

1. That is always questionable, but you could ask @Online_Sword (he has written a calldll.exe application to execute HelloDll.DLL, just rename SbieDll.dll to HelloDll.dll) and test it yourself. Since the post is old (from 2013), I assume it won't pass SBIE

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016
  10. Peter2150

Ah. So you have to write an exe to call the dll(I already knew that). But that means if you block the exe, no dll, no bypass. If it's called from a webpage in Sandboxie, I am not sure I can see how it can bypass SBIE.

11. Well when the DLL does what the author claims (pass Sandboxie) it does, than running it from a webpage (by calling it with java, javascript, python of PHP code embedded on a webpage) would bypass Sandboxie as soon as that webpage was shown in the sandboxed browser. With the rich content we consume, code is embedded in many forms (flash, pdf, graphics, fonts, postscript, XML, etcetra).

Since the post is from 2013, it would have had caused some stirrup. Since I don't recall any bypasses in the wild, I think it is very unlikely the DLL passes SBIE now.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016
  12. guest

guest Guest

Go to Settings, Lockdown Mode, and choose the desired mode.
    Lockdown Mode (Advanced) = "Ask user what to do in the alert dialog"
    ERP_Lockdown-Mode_Beta.png

13. act8192

Got it. Thanks for explaining. The problem with the web world is that a lot of helps are undated. Some even tell you to insert a floppy. How was I to know not to read the help file.

14. act8192

Good picture. Thank you.
    I did the middle selection soon after installing ERP and reboot (not required?!). Tried the right click options later. Hmm, now I wonder if I did the installation correctly - because I did what I got used to with SSM on XP and Outpost or PrivateFirewall on Win7 - install, run learning for two reboots, two standbys and then lock it up and make it alert or deny unknowns. Did I damage ERP or Windows doing it this way with the equivalent of advanced lockdown? With all these background tasks running at unknown times, I'm kind of worried now. Learning Windows10 and ERP at about the same time is challenging to say the least.

15. Peter2150

Hi Act8192

There is a much quicker way accomplish what staying in learning mode would do. Simply use the add to whitelist feature and add everything in Windows and the Program Files folders. That it's it.

16. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

What exactly does learning mode do in the latest beta compared to allow mode?

17. guest

guest Guest

Allow Mode = allows all processes (except processes in the blacklist)
    Learning Mode = allows all processes + allowed processes are added to the whitelist (exept processes in the blacklist and temporary files/processes)

18. Overkill

Ok so it does add process's to the whitelist. Thanks

19. act8192

Thank you. Next time I have to install ERP I'll do it your way. Sounds good to me. I assume ERP will still build the needed cmd lists.

Two questions:
    (1) In Lockdown mode I get this blocked event when I print to a network printer
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\cnmse91.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\cnmsm91.dll,StatusMonitorEntryPoint CNBJNP_000085CD6512;Canon MP970 series Printer;C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\CNMCP91.DLL;3
    The stuff prints just fine regardless. So my question is which of these might be true:
    a) ERP notices legitimate printer drivers after spool service already did its thing, or
    b) The last CNMCP91.dll isn't needed. I don't believe my XP ever needed it. Maybe Win10 thinks it does.​
    (2) In Windows10 SYSTEM event log I see many 61440 Information lines, by mbamchameleon (MBAM premium)
    Failed to verify the digital signature for \??\C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\EXE Radar Pro\ERPSvc.exe
    Failed to verify the digital signature for \Device\HarddiskVolume3\PROGRAM FILES\NOVIRUSTHANKS\EXE RADAR PRO\ERPSVC.EXE
    Failed to verify the digital signature for \Device\HarddiskVolume3\PROGRAM FILES\NOVIRUSTHANKS\EXE RADAR PRO\ERPSVC.EXE
    Failed to verify the digital signature for \Device\HarddiskVolume3\PROGRAM FILES\NOVIRUSTHANKS\EXE RADAR PRO\EXERADAR.EXE
    Failed to verify the digital signature for \??\C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\EXE Radar Pro\EXERadar.exe
    Question is - why? Should I ask it in the MBAM forum? Or isn't ERP signed? And what's those \??\ in the paths above?

20. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

Seems they released a new soft, called NoVirusThanks Kernel-Mode Driver Loader 1.2.0.0

Features:
    HP:
    www.novirusthanks.org/products/kernel-mode-driver-loader/

DL:
    downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/kernel-mode-driver-loader-setup.exe

Portable:
    downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/portables/kernel-mode-driver-loader-portable.zip

Attached Files:

21. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

MD5 reported by ERP resolves to different SHA than reported by Virus Total and Norton.
    VT and Norton agree on the SHA.
    Any one want the particulars send me PM

22. pablozi

pablozi Registered Member

23. Peter2150

It can't get much more stable then the current release.

24. Overkill

ERP just crashed at startup for no reason on my son's laptop

25. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

It happens, but rarely. Did ERP self-generate a crash report (crash report pane will appear) ? It has this functionality built-in, but it isn't always triggered by a crash... depends upon the crash type I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.