New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

He always keeps it cheap, but my cheap isn't everyone else's cheap. Pricing softs according to EU or US "low" standards is impossibly expensive for many in other parts of the world...

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

I've seen people down here in Mexico spend more than 200.00 USD in supermarkets crap just for fun, in just one week not talking about the next week and so on. So spending a few bucks in these gems (NVT software) is nothing for what you get in return, I guess.

3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

$19.95 is a fair price for Lifetime license, Unlimited installs... but that's just my opinion.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

For me is not fair but extremely inexpensive. Worth every spent dollar for Andreas' products.

5. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

You must be rich... :D

6. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

LOL on the contrary I'm poor, no kidding. But I prefer spending 20 bucks for a lifetime license than buying a pair of cheap shirts which clearly I don't need.
    Look, we are here talking about 20 usd not 200 usd. If so then I would think twice thrice to purchase a license, even Andreas' software hahahaha.

7. kram7750

kram7750 Guest

I agree with you, I also think that the price is good, especially since it is a lifetime license.

8. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

I think current licensing scheme is for single install, but it is still Lifetime. If the developer changes it to Unlimited installs it just might improve sales...

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would also happily pay for a lifetime license of ERP. And it would be cool if the SOB features were integrated, of course with a user friendly GUI.

10. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

We're going to add SHA256 hash instead of MD5 file hash to avoid hash collisions and then we are ready to release it officially :)
    In future buils we may add possibility to blacklist commandline strings, since it seems many users have asked for this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Many thanks!! Great job!
    +10 to blacklisting commandline strings as sometimes I cannot get rid from "official" leaking crap like M$ spy-telemetry stuff, at least I will be able to block it without ERP complaining so often like in my case.

12. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

I can't emphasize enough how such an option will help users tighten-up security - and particularly - privacy issues. Hope it is added to ERP.

Please add block ability of both command lines, dlls, xml files, individual scripts, etc. Ooops... that's mostly all SOB functionality... right ?

ERP + SOB = Brilliant

13. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

Couldn't agree more. Such a well deserved company. Together will be very powerful and I have always been an advocate to combine their tools. I hope ERP will evolve with these features. I hate subscription models, but for a company such as Andrea's ill happily purchase.

14. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Microsoft is never satisfied with the amount of information they collect. It's always something new wanting to run to collect information, and phone home. I'm going to be switching some of my machines over to Linux for sure.

15. Rasheed187

What about the other requests? Or are you currently more focused on SOB?

16. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Rasheed187

We're going to check all the other features and discuss when we can add them (if on the upcoming version or in the next one).

We are now working on SOB updates mainly and meanwhile we work on YaGuard updates, DRP updates, ERP updates and a new program, we try to be active as much as we can.

17. guest

guest Guest

lol ! in fact Andreas is working alone, he has many heads and arms :D

18. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

@novirusthanks - you may have mentioned this already but (I am interested as a paid ERP user) do you envisage integrating SOB functionality into ERP?

19. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@paulderdash

It depends, first we want to see how SOB performs and probably we may think about integrating some process-related features to ERP.

Not sure about DLL and Drivers monitoring as it would require a lot of code to handle alert dialogs, separate monitorings, etc.
    This would also make ERP not very usable due to the very frequent alerts about DLLs, however lets wait some time.

20. Rasheed187

OK, sounds good to me. :thumb:

This is what I already suspected, so perhaps it's best not to integrate this stuff.

21. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

A couple minor bugs...

Just started happening, can't adjust it.
    screenshot.1.png
    Happens randomly to commandlines and file locations tab, everytime I fix it, it closes up again.
    screenshot.2.png

22. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

White-list them via some mechanism - for example, by both hash and directory. ERP should prompt user that white-listing of dlls and drivers should only be done on "clean" system (which is essentially the same as should be done for executables).

Anyhow. this is how Comodo handles dll and driver monitoring and alerts... and it works great. When a dodgy dll gets dropped onto system Comodo checks hash and directories against internal list; no match = alert.

Best Regards,

HJLBX

23. Online_Sword

Online_Sword Registered Member

Hi, has anyone here ever encountered the "EStringListError" (List index out of bounds) incurred by ERP v3.1?
    This problem happens several times everyday on my computer.:'(
    I have already submitted the error reports.
    But if someone here has already found approaches that can manually solve this issue, I hope you can let me know.;)

My Operation System: Win 7 Pro x64
    My Antivirus: Norton Internet Security 22.5

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  24. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

25. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Andreas

Just to give you a heads up. I run the latest ERP, in both Win 7 x64 and Win 10 x64 VMworkstation machines. No issues

Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.