New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I'm still using 2.7.6, which has been very stable and bug free for me. Is it safe to assume the same about 2.7.7 on XP?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I can't speak specific to XP, but on my machine it's invisible as always.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The short(and only) answer is yep.

Pete

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I think that would be great. Thanks. :).

That would be great as well.

You are a very involved developer. You're right up there with tzuk, and Ilya when it comes to your customers. And that is very lofty company, novirusthanks. ;).

Later...

5. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Can someine give me a link to the free version? All i found was a link to the pro/30 day trial. Did they do away with the free version?

6. Peter2150

Yes. Even if you find it, it is out of date, and not supported.

Pete

7. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

So another amazing (even though i never really used it) free product bites.the dust :(

8. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@NoVirusThanks

Potential Bug?

1. Install avast! Free Antivirus and check mark the following under all Shield protections.

Packers = "All Packers"
    Sensitivity = Heuristics sensitivity set to "High"

I'm telling you my configuration, just in case it's a settings problem.

2. Install EMET, set your profile to "Maximum security settings", Add "EXERadar.exe" to your app list and deselect "EAF" and "Caller"

3. Install HitmanPro.Alert

4. Install and Run PrivaZer, use these settings in the Getting Started window

1. Select "Adapt PrivaZer to your needs"

2. Choose "Advanced user" in the drop down menu and click "Next"

3. For Cookies cleanup, select "Yes, automatic (recommended)", click "Next" to continue.

4. For Invalid Shortcuts cleanup, select "Yes (recommended)", click "Next" to continue.

5. For Office software histories cleanup, select "Yes", click "Next" to continue.

6. For Photo/image software histories cleanup, select "Yes", click "Next" to continue.

7. For Thumbnail cache cleanup, select "Yes", click "Next" to continue.

8. For Autocomplete histories in internet browsers cleanup, select "Yes (recommended for privacy)", click "Next" to continue.

9. For Microsoft Games histories cleanup, click "Yes (recommended at work)", click "Next" to continue.

10. For Previous version of Windows cleanup, click "Yes (recommended, you can save a lot of free space !), click "Next" to continue.

11. For Updates Windows Update cleanup, click "Yes (recommended", click "Next" to continue.

12. For Windows Prefetch cleanup, click "Yes (recommended for privacy)", click "Next" to continue.

13. For Hibernation cleanup, click "Yes (recommmended, you can save a lot of free space !), Click Save to continue and Hit "OK" to Go to main menu

14. Select "OK" while the "Computer" category is highlighted.

15. Hit the "Scan" Button.

16. Once scan has completed, click the "Clean" button and select "Normal cleanup" from the pop out menu.

Let it do it's thing, because it might take a long time to finish, at least the initial scan and clean.

17. Once cleanup has been done, Restart your machine, wait for startup and background processes to load, and then you'll get these error messages from EXE Radar Pro

ERPInexception.jpg

Click the "OK" button and you get this...

ERPStopped.jpg

My Experiences:

1. It won't always cause this error, you have to use the machine for awhile (A couple of days) and then perform the cleanup to get the error.

2. Uninstalling avast! Free Antivirus and then restarting, restores EXE Radar Pro to working order.

3. Not running PrivaZer at all, let's avast, EXE Radar Pro, EMET and HitmanPro.Alert co-exist with one another, with no problems.

4. Running a different AV, other than avast! can run just fine with no errors, even after performing multiple PrivaZer cleanups.

I am unsure what program causes this error to occur, but I figured I would let you know, just in case it's an EXE Radar Pro thing.

I also let the developer of PrivaZer know, posted here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2256761&postcount=340

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  9. DBone

DBone Registered Member

While the layered approach can be powerful against malware, it can also cause usability issues. Maybe time to dump one of your programs. ;)

10. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

After installing this program, is it recommended to turn UAC off or leave it on?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  11. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

You can have UAC on or off, it doesn't matter.

12. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Thanks TyRidian. I was only able to use 2 days of the 30 day trial so I can no longer test it. I must have uninstalled/installed too many times.

I would like a few more days to trial this. Is there a way, without purchasing, to get my 28 days of remaining trial back?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  13. guest

guest Guest

you have a PM

14. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I may be mistaken but if my memory serves me (and it may not), did not versions 2.7.6 and previous when allowing a trusted vendor also add the process to the Whitelist > Process tab? If so, was that removed in version 2.7.7? I liked it as I could view all of the whitelisted processes (even ones for trusted vendors) to see is anything was wrong. I know it is rare but I have heard of the possibility that some malware can actually spoof certificates and then masquerade as a legitimate process. Being able to view every process that has been whitelisted from time to time lets me think I am in more control. Like I said I may be wrong as getting old (at least for me) does affect ones memory...

15. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Nice update. Im glad to see UI changes. One more suggestions please fix the tray icon. It looks like a frowning face...

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

You mean...Mars face? :D
    I think radar icon would be nice...there is some quick Photoshop guide that I sent to Andreas.
    Let's hope he will make something out of it.

17. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

@NVT - can we ask about Socket Sentinel Pro?

even if it has just IP and domain blocking and auto-downloading and managing of these files (hosts files, IP blocklists etc) it will be a great program - currently i have to use 4 programs (PeerBlock, HostsMan, HostsServer, and AdMuncher) - to do what SSP will be able to do. A program like that might be worth $40-$60 at least for a lifetime license.

18. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Why does ERP 2.7.7 take so long to startup at boot?

19. iammike

iammike Registered Member

Startup time is the same with the old version here.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  20. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Same here...

21. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I'm really liking version 2.7.7 and particularly Extreme Lockdown mode.

22. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I'm glad you like it...:)

23. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

mine is the last to load maybe 30 sec after everything else

24. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Seems to be about the same here as well. However, what I've experienced on my machine is that the larger the Whitelist file is, the longer it takes to load. Not sure why -- or if it's the same for everyone else -- but definitely works that way for me.

25. Peter2150

My Startup time is the same on the new version, but it is not good. Takes almost a full minute for ERP to show after the last tray icon appeared. Needs work.

Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.