New and Have questions.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HolyWind, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolyWind

HolyWind Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased NOD32 software to replace Norton’s. I have yet to install the software due to my current location, but have been reading the site to get a better understand of the settings and what not. I have gone through the tutorial by “Blackspear” which is top notch and can get no easier to explain the set up. Two thumbs up for your efforts. I do have a few questions hopefully they can be entertained?

First and foremost I spend a lot of time on-line gaming is one of the reason I bought the software (Heard extremely light on resources). Is the tutorial that Blackspear posted on-line friendly? I don’t want anything slowing down my connection.

Second what exactly is On Demand scan? Is this something that is running all the time to monitor on-line attacks? Does it serve the same purpose of a weekly scan, but something that can be ran at the moment? I’m confused just exactly what its purpose is?

Sorry for the long post I’m just trying to understand and figure how to get the most out of the software without slowing down any network connectivity.

Thanks in advance

HolyWind

***EDIT***

I Figured out after little more research what these features are …and there uses

Amon
    Dmon
    Emon
    Imon

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

on-demand is just a scan u can run. as for blackspear' setting, if u set ur programs to higher efficiency, IMON will scan teh files before theyre created/downloaded. if u wish u can set IMON to automatically switch to higher compatibility if the scan takes too long or if the file is above a certain size. that being said, i usually set my games, p2p, download managers, and proxomitron to higher compatibility.

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Yes on demand is a scan that you tell it perform, like on a shcedule, daily weekly whatever, when you think your computer is acting goofy and want to do a scan it is on demand.

The always resident scanning in the background as you use your computer is called on access, it scans files as you access them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.