Neverwinter Nights question

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Uroboros, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

This questions is specifically about Neverwinter Nights; but I'm sure the answer will apply elsewhere.

Anyhow, been trying to play Neverwinter since I installed LnS; but it seems to be blocking Internet access to the game. Thing is though I'd create a rule if I had any idea what it was actually blocking.

When I try to authenticate the premium modules I have installed; I can see a log entry regarding info on UDP being allowed to go out. But I don;t see any log entry abotu something being blocked on the way in.

I've forwarded the required ports in my router and I know it works when I turn off LnS. So should I set open up those same ports for Neverwinter in LnS; or should I go about it another way?

TIA

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

You need first to confirm the problem is coming from the internet filtering.
    Instead of completely closing Look 'n' Stop, try to only deactivate the internet filtering and start Neverwinter to see if it works.

Then, if it is confirmed the problem is from internet filtering, and nothing appears in the log, probably a blocking rule with no log attribute is blocking the packet. You should try to put a ! for some blocking rules (TCP or UDP probably).

Regards,

Frederic

3. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

I'll have to go back and try that. Thanks. I basically decided to add UDP rules for ports Neverwinter uses. That fixed it. Now to figure rules for Gamespy as I believe that's a component for online play. But no rush :)

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.