Networking question.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by zandr32, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zandr32

zandr32 Registered Member

Hi, I'm Alex! A newbie to the group. I have spywareblaster on my main desktop pc. If I network my notebook with this pc and, use this main pc for internet connection, will spywareblaster be protecting my notebook as well?

The reason I ask is, I just purchased auto update for my desktop machine and I can't afford to buy another liscense for my notebook. I know that manually updating is free but, we have 2 other machines running in this house and it's time consuming to do each one separately. I have to update antivirus and spybot S&D as well on each computer.

It's not that big of a deal if this doesn't work. I have been doing them all manually for a long time anyway. I just wanted to support the guys who created this wonderful software.

I could have bought 2 liscenses if I had not supported spybot s&d, only to find out that their auto update only works if you have a always on connection. Unfortunately I live in a remote area where there is no high speed Inet and I am forced to use dial up or pay outrageous prices for satellite service.
    Thanks in advance! Alex

2. zandr32

Sorry about the double take. I'm getting the hang of it now.

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Alex

SpywareBlaster will have to be installed on each PC/laptop. Systems other than your desktop will have to be updated manually with your current set-up.

Taken care of ;)

Regards,

CrazyM

4. zandr32

Thanks CrazyM.......I kinda figured that the laptop was just utilizing the modem of the destop pc and nothing else really. It was a shot in the dark but, thanks again anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.