Networked HD Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrightShadow, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrightShadow

BrightShadow Registered Member

I have just installed the trial version of TI Enterprise 9.1 and attempted to make a backup of a networked HD. The HD is in the fat format because its a requirement of being a networked drive, and the software is installed on a windows XP Pro machine with the latest service packs.

When I try to make the backup, I get the error: E0004011 which means it failed to backup a particular file... it says in the error box, specified file does not exist, and the particular function it was on was GetFileAttributesW, and below that it tells me Network Access was Denied.

Firstly this happens with all the files located in the networked storage, secondly I have full rights as the computer admin, and the storage has no password.
    Please help! Thank you!!!
    -William Turner
    Bright Shadow

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Backing up networked drives is always a bit of problem when your trying to do it with Acronis.

I'm assuming your doing it as a file folder backup? Chances are its also having lockfile issues as a result its unable to get exclusive access to said files.

What sort of network drive is it? a drive in another PC thats been shared? A NAS? Do you have a different means of access to the device?

3. BrightShadow

I have a 160gig drive in an attached network storage device... ie its a harddrive case with a network and usb port on it. If it were just a usb drive I think it wouldn't be as bad a problem I don't think, however its being accessed though the network.

So far i haven't gotten to a point where it could even have lockfile issues :rolleyes: , but those don't concern me as i will set up the backup to occur when nobody using it. I would do an image backup, however its not an option :'( .
    -William Turner
    Bright Shadow

4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Hmm.

Ok, are you able to plug it into the USB port of the trial machine to give it a whirl?

5. BrightShadow

I am, yet not right now. I will try it in the morning when nobody is using the files on said harddrive... im still curious as to why its not working... perhaps the software requires their be a password? What attribute field is W anyway (thinking back on the function it was calling; GetFileAttributesW)

6. BrightShadow

Actually I can no longer use it as a normal usb drive because its setup for use in a network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.