Network protocol trouble

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by teachypeachy, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teachypeachy

teachypeachy Registered Member

Hi,
    Not sure this is where to post and ask this question, but...;)

I keep getting these pop ups after my computer starts and don't know what to do because I don't know what they mean and I'm hoping someone really smart will know just the problem and what I can do to fix it. :D

Microsoft Networking
    The following error has occurred while loading protocol number 0.
    Error 59: A network error has occurred.

The system has detected a conflict for IP address 65.248.186.55 with the system having a hardware address 00:01:03:24:39:FB

As of lately I have run these programs,
    Ad-Aware PE
    Regseeker
    Ccleaner
    System Mechanic 6
    AntiVir 9x
    SpyBot
    Reg Cleaner 41
    Spyware Blaster
    Trend Micro Internet Security
    SpyCatcher Express (was downloaded, but had a problem loading. I removed it after 2 tries)
    Registry Mechanic (removed)

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary removed or quarantined, but then again I am just an ametuer.

Any suggestions would be so helpful.

Blessings, Teresa

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Teresa,

In case it helps....what operating system are you using ?
    Also....since you are getting a Networking error....tell us a little about your setup Please. Are you using a router, cable modem, dial-up....etc ?

Initially it strikes me as a problem possibly with your ISP. While it is not that common....they may have given the IP address you have to someone else also :doubt:

3. teachypeachy

Hi Bubba,

Windows 98 SE and I had DSL using an Ethernet card

Thanks for asking.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you by chance using what is called ICS(Interent Connection sharing) ?

How long has this been happening and do you recall doing other software installs about this same time ?

5. teachypeachy

I don't know what ICS is, so I'm guessing that I am not.

As of late I have installed, since possibly the pop-ups..

SpyBot
    Spy Catcher Express
    Spyware Blaster
    Shareaza(last night)

I downloaded recently, but before the pop up I think.
    Reg Seeker
    CCleaner
    Registry Mechanic
    AntiVir

My daughter downloaded Bearshare last night and I had her imiately remove it and then she downloaded Shareaza, but the problem was happening before she installed either.

I was also having trouble with AntiVir and Trend Micro trying to run the updates. It wouldn't connect. Also after my daughter installed and ran Shareza, she downloaded a video, but it is an AVI download and it won't work. I'm wondering if the networking problem has something to do with it. I think I should be able to run and AVI video.

Thanks for helping me!

Teresa

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As others possibly throw in suggestions....I would very much consider calling your DSL Interent Service Provider and attempt to explain the problem....in particular the part about the IP address and the hardware conflict error message. They should know what you are speaking about and they should be able to easily determine via their records if you are supposed to have that particular address in respect to the MAC address you are showing....00:01:03:24:39:FB.

For kicks and grins would you also from your browser type in 192.168.100.1 and see if your modems internal page comes up. If so....I may ask you a few other questions concerning that page.

7. teachypeachy

Hi Bubba,

The operation times out when I put the numbers in the browser.

Why do you think a MAC number is showing on my computer?

Also did you thing the AVI problem has anything to do with the networking?

Oh I forgot to ask this too...the computer kept shutting down by itself too. It's not so far yet, so maybe it is okay. That is one reason I removed Spy Catcher Express since it didn't run correctly. I thought maybe it was causing some trouble. Also when I activated AntiVir guard down on the taskbar and made the Trend Micro Internet security stuff start at start up I think things started giving me trouble. I changed the start up and deactivated the Anti guard, but still was having trouble. Does that sound like either of those things could have been a culprit or just coincidence?

Teresa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.