Network Problems with NOD32 Antivirus V4.x and 5.x

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by paluca1982, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paluca1982

paluca1982 Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I recently connected my computer to a home network. Since then, I've been having problems with several programs. Firts, the printer (HP Officejet Pro 8500A) could not print anything from the internet, but I could print documets from my computer.This is what made me realize that it may be related to NOD32. I found a thread on ESET's which adviced to upgrade from 4.x version to 5.x It did not help. Later I realized skype started having problems connecting. It said that the programs was already running in the computer. Today, I noticed can not open DPF files that I download from emails. Could any of this be related? Please adivce. Thank you.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. paluca1982

Thank you Cudni. Though I have already tried that option. The problem is that the window shown on the link you presented is not the one I see on my version of NOD32. So I cant fully follow the instructions. I get all the way to where I click on the protocol filtering tab, but when it opens I do not have the options shown on the link. I have NOD32 5.0.94.0 but this started happening with the 4.x version. any other ideas? thanks!

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Are you using win7? In which case the troubleshooting link does not apply. What other security software do you use, a firewall? What prog is meant to open dpf type file?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not affect network communication other than HTTP/POP3. Does disabling protocol filtering make a difference?

6. paluca1982

Cudni- yes, I am on Windows 7. I do not use any other type of firewall, just NOD32. I did have windows defender but I turned it off. To open the pdf file I am using Nuanse pdf reader. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and that didnt help. I also did that to the Skype program several times and still came back with the same problem.

Marcos - Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I exactly disable the protocol filtering? Also, what does the protocol filtering do? is the computer less protected by doing so?

Thank you both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.