Network monitor problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Vasya4, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasya4

Vasya4 Registered Member

I have strange problem with network monitors. I tried to use Commview and NetPeeker. As soon as network drivers for any of them installed I lose any connectivity. I still get an IP address, DNS, etc. but none of the programs are able to go online.

However, it gets back to normal when I disable Internet Filtering in Look'N'Stop. I use L'N'S v2.05p3 with advanced ruleset.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Is there any alert in the Look 'n' Stop log when this happens ?

Frederic

3. Vasya4

Vasya4 Registered Member

No, there is no alert. Otherwise I would be able to figure it out myself. :'(

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

In the advanced options, if you have enabled the protocol verification, then maybe one protocol has been installed and is used by one of the applications you have mentioned, and this protocol has been blocked. Open the protocol configuration box to check that.

Otherwise, one rule is blocking the packets, and the log is disabled for that rule (no ! for that rule). You should then try to enable the ! for the blocking rule and see which one is blocking packets.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.