Network interface autodetect, IP to exclude:

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by cooLkAffe, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooLkAffe

cooLkAffe Registered Member

Can I safely add my local IP to this list... my local IP is 10.0.0.2 and a couple of applications use this address as a local server (fx. Battlefield 2 when only playing locally).

Would like to be able to differentiate between applications going online and those just using local adresses, but since 10.0.0.2 in some way is used for connection to the internet I don't know if it would be safe to add.

Looking forward to hear from you :)

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

This option is only to have Look 'n' Stop choosing the right network interface in the options, and so to have the "Connected to internet" checkbox ticked.

It will not help to differentiate local/online applications.

So, if the network interface you are using to connect to internet is 10.x.y.z, then you need to remove it from the exclude list, so Look 'n' Stop will select this interface.

If you have 2 network interfaces on your PC, one for the local network with an ip 10.x.y.z and another IP different from 10.x.y.z, then you need to let "10;" in the exclusion list (this is the default setting), so Look 'n' Stop will select the other network interface.

Frederic

3. cooLkAffe

Well, I've used the default list all the time and it's been working well so I'll stick to that.

About network interfaces I'm not sure if I DO have 2, I mean - in the list it says Realtek which is on my motherboard and then a WAN Miniport, but that's not what you mean, is it?

Anyway... was just curious if local applications could be allowed always :)

Thanx

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, you have 2. But my point was about having 2 interface in use. One for the local network, the other one for internet connection.
    Probably you are not using the WAN Miniport one and its IP remains 0.0.0.0 or 169.x.y.z.

Frederic

5. cooLkAffe

Yes, only using 1 :) -- so will leave the exclusion list as is.

Thanx for replying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.