Network Configurator won't penetrate Win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by paul1149, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul1149

paul1149 Registered Member

I'm using a Paragon B&R Linux disk on an XPh machine on a local LAN. In trying to configure the network, by double-clicking I can drill down to various machines on the LAN. If I choose another XPh machine, I can see valid resources - that is, folders. But if I choose my Win7 machine, which is where my desired resources lay, access is denied.

On the Win7 machine, I have an external USB drive with the backup image stored in a folder with Everyone. Everyone's Permissions have been set to read/write at minimum, and in one location, given full control (I'm not sure why one sheet differs from the other for the same folder, but in each case sufficient permissions should exist).

I suspect the problem lies with setting up Win7. That's not to say I understand what the Paragon Configurator is doing regarding mounting, but I'll deal with that once I'm connected.

I searched here, read the threads, the KB and the .pdf file, and I've gotten nowhere fast. I would appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks,
    p.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to use your credentials from real Windows system to access the share?

3. paul1149

Yes, when I boot the problem machine to XPh, I can see the share, with the share set to Everyone or even Anonymous. And I can access it when I do a log in using the remote account credentials.

Paragon would see the Workgroup, but not the share. And I just tried it again and it doesn't even see the Workgroup now. I would have to reevaluate and say that while Win7 is being difficult, the main problem here seems to reside with Paragon's Network Configurator.

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Try the following:
    ---------------------------------
    In your windows 7 open regedit.

Go to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Create a new Dword value with the parameters
    Name: LmCompatibilityLevel
    Value: 1

Reboot the system.
    ---------------------------
    more info about LmCompatibilityLevel here

Panagiotis

5. paul1149

Thanks. I made the change, but for some reason now the Paragon linux disk does not see the Workgroup at all. This thing really does not want to work.

p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.