Netscape 8... Secure or not?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by gracie123, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi,

Well I'd like to download Netscape 8 because I see that it has a password manager type of thing where it remembers your login information for different websites and encrypts them. But however, on the license agreement I believe it is, I read that they will without permission collect "Anonymous" things. Since AOL which I believe owns Netscape is for say a "reliable" company, would you be concerned using Netscape 8 knowing they collect "Anonymous" information and such?

I'd appreciate everyone's opinion because I really like Netscape 8... the features and interface.

2. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Sorry for posting, I should of read the agreement over again before I posted. I am so sorry :(

You can delete this thread, I wanted to but I couldn't even though I went into "edit" and tried seeing where I could.

But I installed Netscape 8 and its running great. Although, very high MEM USAGE in "Windows Task Manager" I noticed. Up to almost 60K. But, I opted out of the browser sending anonymous information.

- Gracie

3. Trekk

Trekk Registered Member

Hi Gracie,

I wouldnt keep any information such as passwords, account numbers etc on my computer. This is the same as writing them down which is a Network Admins worst nightmare. Passwords should only be written down in one place, your head.

Take Care :)

Trekk

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I just use Firefox... and have lots of security softwares installed. I tried the others but I felt anxious using different browsers... for one some are very slow on my pc and I felt not protected. So I am using only Firefox... and as long as it's up to date I think this is secure than the others. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.