Netscape 8.0 issue

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mschall, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschall

mschall Registered Member

When I was using Netscape 7.2, Spyware Blaster loaded the protection for Mozilla/Firefox. I switched to Netscape 8.0. Spyware Blaster 3.4 did not recognize that Netscape is loaded and will not load Mozilla/Firefox protection. Sywareblaster programmer promised in this forum to fix with next update, but 3.5 still does not recognize Netscape 8.0 as a Firefox/Mozilla browser.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Here is the version of netscape I have

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

and here is the protection in my 3.5 spywareblaster, it seems to be working here.

Attached Files:

4. mschall

I updated to Netscape 8.0.4. Have new 3.5 spywareblaster. It still does not recognize having a Firefox or Mozilla browser as shown on your screen.

5. bigc73542

Have you tried uninstalling SB and reinstalling??

6. gsanta

gsanta Guest

I uninstalled and reinstalled SB and I am still having the problem. It worked until I removed Netscape 7. With Netscape 8 the only version installed, SB shows Mozilla not installed.

7. gsanta

gsanta Guest

Netscape 8 functionality

Does anyone with only version 8 of Netscape installed able to get SB to recognize Firefox?

8. mschall

Netscape 8.1

Can someone at Javacool give us a time estimate with regards to when SpywareBlaster will recognize Netscape 8.1 ? If the answer is never, please just tell us so we can move on to another product.

9. pow1983

pow1983 Registered Member

Re: Netscape 8.1

:rolleyes: There is none ;)

Have you tried uninstalling both SWB and N 8.1, because you updated from 7 it may have lost a link somewhere.
    N 8.x is based on firefox so it should pick it up.

10. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Registered Member

I have Netscape 8 and it is a fresh install (not an upgrade). SB does NOT load support for it. This is a problem with your software, not our installs. Please let us know when you will support this version, as I also like this software, but will move on to another vender if you can not support NS8

11. peewee

peewee Registered Member

Wow man yeah; you tell those guys. Hey what the heck - who do they think they are providing you with that stupid free SWB anyway? Man you show those guys - go get some other free stuff and teach them a lesson :D

12. lostinlodos

It;s not meant to be mean, and we do donate, alot. I'm one of the founding members of Chicago KillPhish, the largest anti-phishing group in this country. We put alot of support into these type of projects, and we move on when they fall stagnant.
    --
    世界の平和及び単一の政府は皆のために最もよい

13. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just an update on this:

Official support for Netscape 8.0 should be available in the next release of SpywareBlaster. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Doesn't this show that it is working for NS 8.1?

Upon reflection, I have both FF and NS. I do not know if it recognizes both or not. There does not seem to be way to identify what is being protected.
    Jerry

Attached Files:

• SB.jpg
      SB.jpg
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
  15. lostinlodos

Wonderful, it works now. =) There'll be another donation on the way at the start of the month for the wonderful work
    Much thanks
    Lost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.