Netflix’s Problems Have Only Just Begun

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jul 21, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

Netflix loses almost a million subscribers
    After enjoying a long reign as king of streaming, Netflix faces a fight to keep its crown
    July 19, 2022

2. guest

guest Guest

Netflix confirms its ad-supported tier won’t have all its content at launch
    July 19, 2022

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would welcome a takeover by M$ as long as this means that the movie database from Netflix would improve over here in Holland, because holy crap it's pretty bad right now. I'm currently finding more interesting titles (older movies) on the US versions of Plex and YouTube.

4. guest

guest Guest

Netflix to pay $42 million in dispute over screenwriter compensation
    The Writers Guild of America argued that Netflix underpaid hundreds of creators.
    August 5, 2022

5. guest

guest Guest

Netflix may be adding games, but hardly anyone's playing them according to data
    August 6, 2022

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Antenna TV makes comeback as consumers abandon costly streaming subs...

"Want to watch free TV? This station owner is here to help...

The company [E.W. Scripps, the Cincinnati-based media company that owns 61 TV stations nationwide] is spending $20 million this year on an unusual education and marketing campaign to help consumers understand the use and benefits of over-the-air antennas at a time when managing their TV sources is more complex than ever.

This month, Scripps launched a website — TheFreeTVProject.org — where users can type in their ZIP Codes to learn what stations they can get for free in their area with an antenna..."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...aming-tv-antennas-free-tv-scripps-tv-stations

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I haven't paid for TV for almost 3 years. I was surprised what I could get with an antenna. It's like the 70s all over again. :D

8. guest

guest Guest

Netflix's Upcoming Ad-Supported Tier Won't Allow Downloads for Offline Viewing
    August 17, 2022

9. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Americans Spent More Time Streaming Than Watching Cable TV in July—a First

Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and other platforms set records for share of viewing time...

Streaming captured 34.8% of total U.S. TV viewing time during the month, while cable TV attracted 34.4%, according to Nielsen...The total time people in the U.S. spent streaming rose 22.6% from a year earlier, while cable-viewing time declined 8.9%..."

[Paywall]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americ...-watching-cable-tv-in-julya-first-11660827184

10. guest

guest Guest

Netflix may copy Disney+’s decision not to run ads during kids’ programming
    August 19, 2022

11. Rasheed187

BTW, remember how I always complained about many movies not being available on streaming services and not even for rent in Holland? It seems something has changed, all of a sudden a lot of my favorite movies are available on the MS Store, but is there even an app for it on media players and smart TV's? But this makes me hate Netflix, HBO Max and Prime Video even more, why on earth aren't they licensing these movies? I really hope that M$ will buy Netflix, hopefully this will improve their content.

https://www.justwatch.com/nl/provider/microsoft-store/movies?genres=hrr

12. Rasheed187

13. guest

guest Guest

Netflix Plans to Charge $7 to $9 for Ad-Supported Plan
    by Juli Clover @julipuli - August 26, 2022

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2022
  14. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I wonder how it will affect Netflix sharing services. $5 for fullHD without ads or $4 with ads, people are cheapskates.

15. guest

guest Guest

Netflix looks to build its gaming community with upcoming features
    By Timi Cantisano @timicant - August 26, 2022

16. guest

guest Guest

Snap’s chief business officer is leaving to run ads at Netflix
    Netflix is working on a cheaper ad-supported tier
    By Alex Heath @alexeheath - August 30, 2022

17. guest

guest Guest

Netflix ads plan launch brought forward to November, to beat Disney+ plan in December
    By Ben Lovejoy @benlovejoy - September 2, 2022

18. guest

guest Guest

Incorrect PIN? Your memory isn't bad, it's a bug Netflix currently has no solution for
    By Fiza Ali @Fiza_Aliii - September 2, 2022

19. Rasheed187

What a joke, it's still way too expensive, unless they are planning to offer more quality old skool movies and series like other free streaming services, think of Tubi, Pluto TV and Freevee.

And I refuse to watch ads when a movie starts, they should back away from this plan, it's too annoying. But anyway, just look at the crap that Netflix is adding this month in both the US and Holland, no wonder it's going to hell!

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/whats-coming-to-netflix-in-september-2022-08-30/
    https://www.filmvandaag.nl/video-on-demand/netflix/nieuw-op-netflix?show=movie

20. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Ad-Based Netflix Tier Launches Nov. 3 for $6.99 Per Month

The new 'Basic with Ads' plan will add about 4 to 5 minutes of ads per hour of viewing. Netflix is rolling out the new subscription plan in 12 markets...

'At launch, ads will be 15 or 30 seconds in length, which will play before and during shows and films'..."

https://www.pcmag.com/news/ad-based-netflix-tier-launches-nov-3-for-699-per-month

21. Rasheed187

They are making a huge mistake, ads before movie launch is annoying as hell, and you can only stream one device at a time? But 5 minutes per hour doesn't sound that bad, it's about the same on Freevee.

22. imdb

imdb Registered Member

Netflix acquires Seattle game studio Spry Fox by Thomas Wilde

23. guest

guest Guest

As Apple invests in sports, Netflix has tried to score streaming rights and a whole surf league
    By Zac Hall - November 8, 2022

24. Gaddster

Gaddster Registered Member

£4.99 a month to watch ads, unavailable shows unless you pay more and only 720p quality is complete rip off, which over here Sky, cable TV have been taking the **** for years and the streaming services like Netflix, when they first came out was a breath of fresh air......Now the streaming services are no better than Sky, cable TV...........Talk about going full circle and shooting yourselves in the foot.

Pay money to watch ads? No thanks.

25. Rasheed187

Yes it's a freaking joke. Although I do have to say that Freevee isn't that bad when it comes to ads, but the difference is that it's free and even more important, Freevee's content is way better when it comes to available movies. Too bad that it doesn't support my VPN, at least not on my LG smart TV, so I can somehow watch only a tiny selection of its database.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.