netbook recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by john_hatchett, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_hatchett

john_hatchett Registered Member

I wanted to ask if the paragon drive backup with a USB flash drive for recovery media would work for recovering from a failed hard drive on a netbook.

Can the main partition, winxp, be backed up to the USB flash drive (8GB) ?

If the replacement hard drive is totally blank, can the USB flash drive be booted and the included tools partition and restore the backup to the replaced hard drive and then boot the new drive?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello John_Hatchett,

Yes, we can make the flash drive do all of the following:

1. Completely bootable, with all the Paragon utilities to run backup, restore, archive integrity check, boot corrector and much more.

2. If your flash drive is big enough, you can store the image right onto the flash drive. The recovery utilities range between 65MB to 200MB depending which types you create.

3. Lastly, if you choose not to store the archive on your flash drive, or can't due to size constraint, we can restore from network locations.

3. john_hatchett

with the restore from a network location can it be a restore from an internet location or just the local network?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

With Drive Backup 9, Local Network is only available. When Drive Backup 10 comes out, you have the option to map FTP locations outside of your local network.

5. john_hatchett

I am testing the recovery media option using the trial version now.

For the local network, how do I determine the correct network adapter. I have a built-in wireless adapter and the wireless network uses WPA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.