Net.Framework Advice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have a home built system with Windows 7 64 bit. I have Net Framework 1.1 and 4.5. Now I have a program that says it needs 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. From what I have read on the 3.5 web page it will take care of from 2.0 to 3.5. I'm concerned because I did have 4.0 and there was an update to it that wouldn't install. It was recommended that I install 4.5. I just want to be sure that installing 3.5 doesn't foul up anything.

2. WilliamP

I have researched further and found out that the Windows disk came with 3.5.1. I had to go into the Control Panel,Programs, Turn On or Off Windows features. There was 3.5.1, but part of it was shut off,so the little box didn't have a check in it. I opened it and turned on both parts and then there was a check in the 3.5.1 box. So I assume it is now running. It still doesn't show in the ADD or Remove list?

3. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Yes 3.5 is required for a lot of programs. I don't see it in add remove programs either. It seems it's only visible under windows features. My Lenovo sound application for some stupid reason requires 3.5. Otherwise I would have had it removed.

4. WilliamP

I guess all is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.