Nero6 cause NOD32 3.0.657 to lockup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I use Mplayer2 Mencoder to encode videos off our CCTV system.

Anytime I use explorer to browse the folders (local or on LAN) where I have these files, ekrn.exe goes to 100% for about 10 minutes. Explorer is locked and the computer is almost non responsive.

There is obviously something wrong here. This might be related to machines with Nero OEM with nevideo.ax on them. Per FileMon eSet is looping scanning nevideo.ax and scanning the video file. If I right click on the file, I am locked up for 10 minutes. Then that explorer.exe window disappears which I had right clicked upon one of the AVI's or just browsed to.

If I remove nevideo.ax this specific problem goes away immediately.

The program is c:\program files\common files\ahead\DSFilter\nevideo.AX

The latest version of Nero doesn't cause this problem, but before I purchase a $100 Nero I'd replace NOD or backrev to 2.7.

Nero InfoTool results in the same lockup even with nevideo.ax removed. Another person with Nero here has same issues. Another with a newer version does not have this issue, but still has lockups with other explorer enhancements such as Notepad++ (me too) Acronis Backup, and Symantec Ghost Backup prior versions.

I am running Nero 6.6.0.15, startsmart 2.0.0.24, nerovision 2.1.2.24, InCD 4.3.9.5, PowerDVD 5.0.1107

I've uploaded a sample AVI (FMP4 codec required, or use VLC) here;
    http://www.acmenews.com/08-04-18.avi

Again, requires Nero 6 (OEM) to reproduce the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.