Nero Uninstall leftovers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Huupi, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

My new comp. came preinstalled with Nero Essentials SE,cause i don't like this intrusive stuff i uninstalled it. With Revo uninstaller i did,but O boy after searching the registry with TuneUp registry search it found yet 153 existing entries leftovers.Took me 20 min. to delete it manually. So beware if you get rid of this stuff,you're in for a hard labor. Moral of this story is don't shout out loud that Revo is the best. It failed miserable on me.

2. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Why didn't you use the Nero Clean Tool provided on the site o_O
    A poor worksman blames his tools.:p

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You found a good software (Nero) to test any existing uninstaller with a so called reputation of being good.
    I've read several threads, where Revo was praised into heaven. Let these Revo-fanatics try Nero, it will put them back in reality. :D

4. ErikAlbert

Nero Clean Tool, provided by Nero itself ? That is a good joke.
    A company that writes a program to correct the shortcomings of its own normal uninstall program.
    Is there also a program that corrects the shortcomings of Nero Clean Tool, something like Nero Zero Tool ? :D

5. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Yes....no kidding, refer to this http://www.nero.com/ena/downloads-cleantools.html

"Nero 7 CleanTool

Uninstalling Nero7 did not work correctly? Use Nero 7 CleanTool to delete all Nero 7 entries from your system.
    More Details and Download"

Now this company created another piece of bloatware and call it Nero 8 and same uninstall nightmare.

"Nero 8 CleanTool

Uninstalling Nero 8 did not work correctly? Use Nero 8 CleanTool to delete all Nero 8 entries from your system.
    More Details and Download"

What do you think ?:D

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I will just add that MS own Color Applet application i just recently tried,survives a copy/update with FDISR,i was very amased that this could happen.It was completely untouched by the copy/update and fully functional afterwards.So guys are there more survivors in your experience. I am completely speakless !!!!

7. ErikAlbert

When I see such a solution, I think of bungling. Norton has the same method.
    The "normal" uninstaller of each Nero software should uninstall Nero completely.

You never fix the problems of one program with a second program, you fix the first program and don't write the second program. Nero has now TWO uninstallers for each product. :rolleyes:

It's obvious to me that Nero can't control its own products anymore, that's what you get with bloated complicated software. The only way to avoid this is building a modular software. This way the customer can buy the modules, he really needs for himself. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.