Nero Burning Rom 7.0.1.2 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

While I was looking at the Nero site after your post Nick, came across this notice on the Nero Portal: ;)

Urgent Virus Warning

"Criminals are currently sending virus contaminated e-mails which appear to originate from Nero
    (e.g register@nero.com or sales@nero.com ).

Please delete such e-mails immediately and do not under any circumstances open the attachments.

Nero does not send any e-mails with attachments concerning registration."

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/virus-alert.html

3. NICK ADSL UK

Thank you chachazz for reminding the forum of this Urgent Virus Warning e-mail threat from Nero :)

4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Can i ask firstly what is, and what does it do, this Yahoo Toolbar they [Nero] are trying to bundle with it.

I have always been of the understanding toolbars are a bad thing. But if its by Yahoo im not so sure. But what exactly are its benifits if it were installed. And does it work with Firefox or is it just a I.E Addon as if so it is of no use to me.

I just dont like the sound that Nero are going down this road of bundling things with its programs.

Thanks

5. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Anthony :)
    Well i was unaware of this development from Nero in bundling additional software with there software. As a rule i will normally have tested all the software updates that i post but in this instance this particular build will not overwrite my registered Nero 6 build so i have been unable to see for myself this tool bar you describe.
    As for the yahoo tool bar itself it is like google which is a search engine but you should be able to tick a box which will prevent the installation of the tool bar. If for any reason you have to accept the tool bar my advice to you would be to not proceed with the installation at all and stick with Nero 6

Regards

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Did you know if it will be possible to only download the Nero Burning ROM without that extra programs?

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If I have Nero 6, can I upgrade to Nero 7 without paying? I've got an OEM/Bundled version. :)

8. NICK ADSL UK

Well on my OEM version of Nero 6 it states that it will cost me £40 to upgrade to the full version of Nero 6. Which then you can upgrade to version 7 for another £40. I have been told that version 7 is nothing to do with version 6 so only time will tell as to what can be purchased with regards the additional add on's and the extra bundled software

9. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

If it's the OEM Suite 3 of version 6....then you can upgrade for free to version 6.6 through Nero's web-site.....and 6.6 was their latest prior to the release of version 7. I have 6.6 now after upgrading through their web-site, where as previously I had the OEM version of Suite 3 of Nero 6.

Actually, Nick......from everything I have been reading....version 7 isn't really a very significant upgrade or much of an upgrade at all over 6.6. I've heard several people suggest to stay at and keep 6.6 and save your money until something more major than what v 7 currently has to offer comes out....

10. NICK ADSL UK

Well i am at the present time evaluating version 7. It is very similar to version 6 but it does consume more memory so in my case it is a little bit unstable at the present time. I will in due course revert back to 6 as that is more then capable in providing for my needs without any due extra expense ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.