Need Wired Router

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Rainwalker, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I am looking for a reliable wired router able to handle up to 120 Mbps. Not interested in Linksys BEFSR41.

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

For the record, all routers are wired only. What you may know as a "wireless router" is simply an inaccurate marketing term for an integrated device that just happens to include a router, 4-port Ethernet switch and WAP (wireless access point) the same box, sharing the same main circuit board and same power supply. But they are really 3 discrete network devices.

What is your budget?

Note the antique BEFSR41 is so old, it only supports 10/100 Ethernet (it came out ~2001). So it would not meet your needs even if you were interested in it.

Any basic 10/100/1000Mbps router will likely do. The problem is, because "wireless routers" have become so popular, basic routers are becoming harder to find for typical home use. You probably would be better off with a wireless router, then simply disable the wifi side.

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Yes, I understand. Thanks for the post. This looks good to me>> TP-Link SafeStream TL-R600VPN

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Looks good to me too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.