Need to Configure for Gaming

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Trooper, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hi All,

I am trying out Look N Stop for the trial period. I am trying to configure the firewall to allow access to play Team Fortress Classic (and some others) via Valve Software's Steam.

According to there Support, I need to have the following ports opened.

UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
    UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
    TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive

I assume that I need to setup three distinct rules for this? Also, how can I configure my firewall for this? I have been trying but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any/all replys.

Jag

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I am currently evaluating LnS so I´m no expert in making rules. But I solved my gaming issues simply by starting the game. LnS of course blocked the connections, but then I just went to the log tab and right clicked on the blocked entry in the log tab and allowed it. Then I doubleclicked on the rule that was created in "internet filtering" and clicked on the "application" button and specified that only my game (Call of Duty in my case) was allowed to open these ports when launched.

My understanding is that those ports are only open while I have the specified application (Call of Duty) running. And that the game is the only application allowed using those ports. Fell free to correct me if I´m wrong.
    I hope I´m right because that approach on rule-making is genious. :)

I am sure someone else who knows this program will give you the proper way to set up that rule, since it is a couple of ports one have to allow this way. But this is just a tip until then :)

3. Trooper

I think I figured it out. Except for the UDP port for 1200 for the friends list. Which is not really a bother to me.

Thanks for your reply. So many views and you are the only person to reply.

Best Regards,

Jag

4. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Yes the best way to create rule is to look at log and unblock what you need from there

5. Trooper

Thank you for the tip. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.