Need to align SSD without reinstalling Windows

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by tsp1965, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsp1965

tsp1965 Registered Member

Hi

I have a W7Pro 64 bit system based on an OCZ Solid SATAII SSD 250MB, which has never performed as fast as I expected. I've finally figured out that when I built the system I didn't set SATA to AHCI beforehand, so I have now enabled the windows driver in the registry and the bios. However, I still have the problem that W7 was installed on the SSD set to IDE which means the alignment is wrong (AS SSD Benchmark reports that the offset/alignment @4k cluster 31k BAD). On another forum I have been advised that I need to either fully reinstall W7 and everything onto a wiped and reformatted ssd or buy a Paragon product which can do it for me without reinstalling. As it usually takes 2 days to completely wipe and reinstall I am keen not to do this if I can avoid it!

Problem is that the Paragon products have been updated since the post I was reading and I can't figure out which product I need.

Could someone please advise me which product to buy and how to do it - I'm a home user on a budget so I don't want to buy more features than I need.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

3. tsp1965

tsp1965 Registered Member

Thanks very much - found it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.