Need some help with sandboxie please...SOS.!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by The Red Moon, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello wilders and i hope everyone is well.
    Yesterday i installed Kaspersky internet security 2014 and i use sandboxie as well.
    I seem to have a problem opening my sandboxed browser as i keep getting the message which i have posted below.
    Is there anyone who could kindly explain how to rectify this issue please.
    Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Chris my dear friend you are a true gentleman and scholar.It solved the problem beautifully.!
    I was totally unaware of this update.I cannot thank you enough.

4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

No problem. Looks a killer combo!

Cheers

5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Just restored sandboxie 4 after a long time missing due to conflict.

Remind me what needs doing to get FF up as the browser?
    I've added the 3 appguard .exes' to power apps.
    Do I need to move something to another partition, can't remember?

6. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Aalf,

You don't need PowerApps for compatibility now. Just add memory guard exceptions as below

That's all that's needed for most applications although depending on what else you use you might need to add sandboxiedcomlaunch and sandboxiecrypto to memory guard exceptions as well but I wouldn't unless you need to. AppGuard log will tell you if it is blocking memory operations for them and you can set read/write as appropriate.

Also remember you need to ensure your Sandboxie container folder (C:\Sandbox by default) is moved to user space or C:\Sandbox is added to user space in Appguard.

You can move the container to user space by opening Sandboxie Control, dropping down the Sandbox menu and selecting 'Set Sandbox Container' from the list and pick a location on another partition or in the User folder. Done. It will now work with AppGuard.

Or leave the Sandbox in the default location and open AppGuard GUI - go to Guarded Apps tab, press the Settings button, then add, navigate to C:\Sandbox and select. When added to the list click the 'deny access' next to it and a drop down will allow you to select read/write. Click Ok and OK and you're done.

Cheers

Cheers

7. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I've done the above but I'm blocked

"Could not invoke program. System error code 5. Access denied.

Both messages are SB alerts.

8. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

What blocking messages is AppGuard giving and do you have any other security software. Installed?

Thanks

9. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

oh-oh.

Forgot to peek into AppGuard's events list.

10. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

This is sandboxierpcss.exe. Did you add it for both read/write to AppGuard memory exceptions per post 6?

If that doesn't work can you tell me if it works if you turn AppGaurd to 'Off''? If not it's likely not a conflict with AppGuard but an issue with SBIE.

Cheers

11. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

It worked fine in OFF mode.

IRe-installed AppGuard. Set up again. The error has changed. Looks like it's me.... oh-oh. Doesn't work in off mode now.

guarded sb.png

12. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

You've added the Sandboxie processes to guarded apps rather than memory guard exceptions. Remove them from the guarded list, go to the advanced tab and add memory guard exceptions noted in post 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.