Need some help:1)Nod 32 uses a lot of memory+it can remove a virus from pc

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by darkstar101, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkstar101

darkstar101 Registered Member

Hi!!
    I am new to nod32 i installed a trial version to see how it effective it is.After using for sometime i found it to be best AV.
    anyway i am having 2 problems
    1)Nod 32 3 uses a lot of memory.Nod32 v2 used less amount of memory
    how can i tell nod32 to use less memory when i play games.
    Here is pic untitled.png

2)It keeps telling me that a file from Internet was deleted from the abc.update999.cn but i never opened that site.And whenever i open any drive a dialoge box comes and tells me that
    ==============================
    Object:
    C:\Documents~1\Myname~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\yb5b/dll
    Threat
    a variant of win32/Pacex.Gen virus
    Comment
    Event .........by the application:E:\iefgwp.cmd
    ===================================
    Clean Delete Leave

==================================

I click delete the file gets deleted my drive open now when i again enter any drive it again the some msg appears How can i get permanently get rid of that.

2. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hi,
    This threat is certainly due to USB key infected...
    You would get rid of that pet using the following tool :
    Try a google search and you will find all needed help about that tool

Regards

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

To put this in scale, judging from your total commit charge in task manager you have 2gb memory physical in your system. Task manager is reporting the nod32 kernel process using ~40mb, but realistically about 6-10mb of that is going to be sharable addressing space that can be paged out if a game or something needs it. Worse case scenario is that your AV product is using 2% of available physical memory, ~1.5% is more realistic. Unless you do something that is extremely memory intensive and pushes your system right to the edge of 100% physical memory usage but not going over so you aren't thrashing the swap, you aren't going to see a performance difference from "slimming" Nod32.

What is far more concerning is that the ekern.exe service is eating up all available cycles on one of your cpu cores, most likely constantly scanning/blocking something that is re-infecting your system. As was pointed out, the most likely source is your USB key (or whatever else is mapped to E: ) and if you correct that you will free up your second CPU core and performance should be restored.

4. darkstar101

darkstar101 Registered Member

@ Philippe_FR22 Philippe_FR22
    Thank you very much it's now cleared i downloaded flash from rapidshare and everything is fine.Thank you very much you solved a great problem for me

@SmackyTheFrog

Only v3 do this nod32 v2 is very good and do not slow my PC

I still have a question
    2)It keeps telling me that a file from Internet was deleted from the abc.update999.cn but i never opened that site

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A log from ESET SysInspector (downloadable from ESET's website) would probably shed more light. Send it to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the email subject please.

6. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    You"re welcome... Now regarding your last question : I can't help you except to suggest you to try various tools to help you to discover this remaining threat... I suggest you GMER, and maybe to try some various online scanner...
    Good luck !!!!

Oh, just one last thing... For every people that could read that kind of post...
    I beleive that we are currently encountering an increasing number of new kind of infections like smithfraud, navilog.... That are more exactly trojans / rootkits than spywares... And I'm surprised to see that most antivirus are now easily bypassed by those new kinds of threats... Some people are currently working hard to develop specifics cleaning tools but most antivirus detection are completely uneffective on such new threats... Why ?

[OOps sorry for my poor english]
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.