Need some direction please

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rmccord, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmccord

rmccord Registered Member

I recently bought Acronis True Image Home 2010 and am quickly learning that was a mistake.
    All I want to do is clone my laptops hard drive so that I can replace it with a larger one.
    My OS is Vista 64 SP2.
    Acronis appeared to do a good job when I installed the cloned drive the desktop looked fine. Browsef opened and all was well untill I tried a google search and noticed that the text I was typing was not the characters that I was hitting.
    So I installed the original drive back and am still using it.

I don't need to do this a ton and I am not an IT department just want a reliable, solid program that will be user friendly and allow me to simply make an exact clone of the current drive to exchange and move on.

Your suggestions are welcome.

The support at Acronis is a joke.

Bob

2. sired

sired Registered Member

In much the same sort of place, just need a couple of clones as/when the next disaster strikes. Downloaded Easeus http://www.todo-backup.com/ straightforward to use, backed up one drive to the same HD for practice, very easy & need more disks for the clones, when they arrive I'll do the restores & check the clones & let you know how it goes. Just keep hunting around the forum you'll find everything you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.