Need some advise on a pc issue.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by taleblou, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

A friend called me about a pc problem and he will bring the pc for me to look at it. Here is his issue ( I may have some idea) but wanted your input as to what could the cause be.

He says lately his office work pc after turning on and working for 15 minutes then pops a message and shuts-down suddenly. So what you guys think the issue could be? How should I address it. His is windows 7 I believe.

My thought is could be
    1. over-heating (but the message means it is not)
    2. Malware infection maybe
    3. Hard-drive failure or corruption
    4. corrupted windows maybe

ALSO WHAT KIND OF FREE TOOLS YOU FEEL I CAN USE TO DIAGNOSE IT AND HOW TO PROCEED (STEPS) PLEASE.

Thanks in advance for your response and help.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

maybe check the event viewer

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

What does the message say? There are many scanners available, I would start with Malwarebyte Anti-Malware, HitmanPro. A rescue CD from a reputable company can scan Windows without booting into it if scanners cannot install...

4. taleblou

I do not know what the message says until I see it. Also I will consider what you guys said.

Anything else.

I downloaded HDD expert for HDD check.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have no idea the damage that resulted.

In the blind here, but just by the verbiage & perceived knowledge of the owner.

I'd bet (assuming a desktop) the tower is crammed with dust.

6. taleblou

Hi:

It seems I can not find a software that I saw once that when you ran it it would read the event viewer and ID and and identified the most likely causing issue source. Anyone know what its called and where I can find it?

7. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

8. taleblou

Thank you for your links. Anyway I got in contact with my friend and seems the message is something like the windows need to reboot recovery or like that. I think he has corrupted windows maybe? So told him to save his files and bring it to me for format. he said all his USB ports are not working and can not save on dvd and his office work files are important. SO I told him to go to a professional pc repair shop and they have the equipment to get the job of saving your files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.