Need restore image without all the tib files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aalemany, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aalemany

aalemany Registered Member

Please, I have been a problem! I created a Image of a client hard disk with True Image 8 Workstation. It was ok. But later, when I reinstall a new OS in his laptop I remove the tib files from the USB hard disk.

Now, I need to recover some information inside the image. I have used a recovery file software to recover tib files from USB hard disk.

I have recovered the last 31 tib files created, and Acronis True Img recognices it, but the software wasn't able to recover the first 9 tib files. I need open this 31 tib files to lookfor the PST user file.

The recovery software was able to recover the first 9 tib files from the deleted trash, but True Image doesn't recognize this files as valid tib files, in spite of this files as the same byte as vaild tib files ?¿?¿

Please can you help me please.
    aalemanypalanca@hotmail.com

thanks a lot.

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

It may be too late, but your best bet is to try an data recovery service such as Ontrack http://www.ontrack.com/

In the meantime, do NOT fiddle withte drive any more until you speak to OnTrack.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

In order to mount the image and recover a file from it, you need the complete image. It sounds like the image spanned 40 files, so you need all of them.

You can ask Acronis Tech Support whether they can read an incomplete image file, but I believe they have said that they cannot in the past.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aalemany,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that, as jmk94903 said, if the image archive was splited into several files that in order to restore the data from it you will need all these backup volumes. I am afraid that if any of these files is missing, restoration is impossible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.