Need Recovery Process Advice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hans29, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hans29

hans29 Registered Member

My computer (an HP 7955 with windows XP Home edition) has had a number of serious virus problems so I will probably have to wipe it clean then install a set of Windows XP recovery disks I bought. The directions came with the disks but I am wondering whether anyone out there who has gone through the disk installation process has any helpful hints as to precautions to take and/or what to watch out for to avoid problems and to avoid needlessly lengthening the process. Also, the question came to me that if I wipe my hard drive clean, I will have erased the software for my Envision monitor. Does that mean I have to reinstall the monitor software as the first step so I will be able to see what I am doing on the screen?

Thanks. Hans 29

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Assuming that you bought your recovery disks from HP, installation should be fairly straightforward - just follow whatever directions you got with the disks.

Windows will install a driver for a default monitor. After your reinstallation of Windows is complete, you can then reinstall the Envision driver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.