Need Recovery Process Advice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hans29, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hans29

hans29 Registered Member

My computer (an HP 7955 with windows XP Home edition) has had a number of serious virus problems so I will probably have to wipe it clean then install a set of Windows XP recovery disks I bought. The directions came with the disks but I am wondering whether anyone out there who has gone through the disk installation process has any helpful hints as to precautions to take and/or what to watch out for to avoid problems and to avoid needlessly lengthening the process. Also, the question came to me that if I wipe my hard drive clean, I will have erased the software for my Envision monitor. Does that mean I have to reinstall the monitor software as the first step so I will be able to see what I am doing on the screen?

Thanks. Hans 29

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Assuming that you bought your recovery disks from HP, installation should be fairly straightforward - just follow whatever directions you got with the disks.

Windows will install a driver for a default monitor. After your reinstallation of Windows is complete, you can then reinstall the Envision driver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.