Need.......New thread for Hardware Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i reading this site forums for more than 6 months & all want to say you guys are damm awesome cyber security freaks..........gr8 job keep going .......i wish luck to all gr8 brains who use them to help others specially .......nerds .....like me....lol...

the reviews for software firewall is very good here every one speak with his heart

I think there is need of a new thread for Hardware Firewall separately......

can any one post screenshots of gui setup of hardware firewall......

+ which wireless firewall to buy ...netgear(RangeMax Wireless Router) or linksys(wireless router) .....review..needed....

Best Regards

Mack...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Can see screenshots by doing to each routers support section of the manufacturers website..and checking out the user manual.

I run an access point hung off of a linux based router that does IDS and transparent proxy scanning for adware/malware/viruses/spam. (Such as Endian, IPCop w/Copfilter add-on, or Untangle)

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

That's a tough question, since I already bought many, like US Robotics, LinkSys, Belkin.
    Always wanted to try out others too.

As for USR it worked fine on my XP, but not with Vista.
    Quite simple to setup however. :)

My latest is a D-Link Dir 655 and works really well with Vista.
    No trouble and very easy to configure, since it offers some wizards for the internet and the wireless connection. :cool:

Attached Files:

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

If you want a good hardware based all-in-one wireless solution, Fortinet is a good way to go. In addition to firewalling it also provides AV protection. The FortiWifi-60 might be right for you.

Alpha Shield is working on a wireless router that's going to be awesome. From the looks of it they're not done yet, but I could be wrong?

The Linksys WRT54GS is sufficient as well.

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

Thompson ST585v6, basic in the gui, but very configurable via CLI

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.