Need monitor and hit exploit sites (XP SP2 IE6)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bill Stout, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Stout

Bill Stout Registered Member

My first post here, and I hope I'm posting in the right section. I'm a Sales Engineer for a new catagory of managed desktop protection software (still in beta but also looking for companies to beta test).

I have two problems:
    1) Realtime monitoring (not blocking) and listing of infections as sites are hit
    2) Finding urls with live IE6 exploits (XP SP2)

I'm tasked to demo the software by using IE as administrator to hit as many live exploits as possible with the lowest security setting, then run something like Ad-Aware Professional to show zero infection afterwards. I'd also run Ad-Watch in the protective environment to watch infections collect.

So before the tests, I cleaned the system with Ad-Aware Personal first, then bought AW Professional and ran that. Pro found many objects that Personal didn't (I thought these were equal). With our software running, after hitting a list of exploit sites, warez and crackz sites, etc, Ad-Aware Pro found zero objects as expected. However I couldn't see many infections collected within the protective environment with Ad-Watch.

I found this forum by searching for exploits. I've built up a long 'favorites' list, but many of the exploits are stale or don't work with XP SP2. Is there an updated list of live exploits out there? I need to hit as many spyware, adware, trojan, and virus sites as possible.

So, if anyone has a way to monitor incoming objects, and know of lots of infectious sites to hit, I'd appreciate a reply.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.