Need information before i purchase ATI 8 Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by broncos88, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncos88

broncos88 Registered Member

I am very much interested in purchasing ATI 8 Enterprise Server. I have downloaded the tryout and tested but i do have few questions to ask and i can't seem to get it from sale or live chat persons. I want to backup both my Exchange and SQL servers. Please convince me to use Acronis rather than BackupExec or other backup software for my Exchange and SQL.

1. ATI 8 says something about Real-time server. Does this mean i need to schedule it to backup every second? I don't know how it works and i can't seem to find anything in the tryout to test it.

2. Let's say Real-time server works fine, i happen to delete some emails few minutes ago, can i restore these emails using ATI 8? This same question is for SQL also, if i can restore certain deleted database at any point.

3. Let's say my Exchange crashes and i need to use better machine with different motherboard and hard disk and so on., i can restore it using Instant bare-metal restore. Since the hardware is different, i will need to reinstall the drivers and such, would then my Exchange is still intact and fully functional up to the point where it crashed.

These are some of my concerns and i am sure i have others. I really need inputs from users who use ATI to back up their Exchange and SQL servers, how they do it and if this is the best option or cost effective option out there.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello broncos88,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We do apologize for the delayed response.

Please note that real-time server disk backup means that you can create an image of your server without interrupting server operations.

Yes, using Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows you are able to restore both a deleted file and database.

Please be aware that in order to clone or migrate your Windows system to a different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) Please take a look at our FAQ.

So, if you use Microsoft System Preparation Tool before image creation, you are able to restore your image to another computer without any problems.

You can find all detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit our online store to purchase Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows.

If you are interested in many copies of the software at the discounted rate, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. John Dempsey

John Dempsey Guest

I would qualify the confirmation that a single file or database can be restored.

This can be done providing the drive image is on another hard or optical drive. If it is on a tape then you can only restore the entire disc (as far as I know) since you cannot mount the image from the tape in order to select the specific items you need.

I am using TI 8 Enterprise server and make both drive and tape images each night to enable restore of individual files and provide offsite backups in case some criminal steals both my server and backup drive one night.......

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.