need help

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by the dummy, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

Im running my browser through sandboxie, backed up by returnil, with avast 5 home freeware, my routers firewall, windows firewall, and U.A.C. Anything missing? Oh yea, Vista 32.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

No, nothing missing

3. the dummy

Thank you for replying. Im new to all of this, and any help is a blessing.:)

4. philby

philby Registered Member

Maybe a good baseline system image to fall back on if it all goes pear-shaped?

philby

5. the dummy

I have a few restore points to fall back on, is this good enough?

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

A complete system image that can be reliably restored would be a much more robust fallback than a restore point.

Both belt and suspenders are a good strategy in security but, metaphorically speaking, you can't beat a good set of bootstraps!

7. the dummy

Thank you for responding, however my computer skills and knolledge base are quite pathetic. Im not sure i understand the difference, that is why im relying on enough protection to keep me out of trouble untill i can aquire the correct information & skills. I was also thinking about adding steady state to my config, but im wondering if this would be too much, and possible conflict with something else.

8. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Steady state is no longer supported. You are fine except imaging which is by far the most important part of any setup. Just use the forum search function as there are many good freebies available :thumb:

Edit: If you do online shopping or banking, you might want to look at additional browser security such as Prevx SafeOnline.

9. the dummy

Thank you for the response. I will take your advise and do some research on imaging apps and see where this takes me, and i will never do any banking or use a creditcard on the internet after what ive been reading about lately. tnx, dummy out.

10. ratwing

ratwing Guest

I thank you are pretty well covered. I would feel well protected.

If you use the paid Sandboxie you might want to force your media players and PDF readers to open sandboxed.

And a on-demand scanner or two like Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyWare,HitManPro,ect,would be nice.

But you are basically good to go.

rat

11. the dummy

What a dummy,
    i forgot to mention i do have malware bytes as my on demand scanner.:thumb:

12. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Yep!! Your fine!!
    You want enough,but not an overload.

rat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.