need help with streamarmor detection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by taleblou, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I have a clean pc newly formated pc and testing by 10 different anti-malwares and antiviruses show its clean but streamarmor keeps finding unknown streams with yellow and orange colours warning and I keep delete them but next reboot they come back with a new scan. They are in the C:\programdata and c:\All Users folders under different temp:XXXXXXX name. For example: temp:905844AA in both of folders. Are these false positives? or are they of concern? Thanks for your reply.

P.S. I eve tried comodo cleaning essential beta and killswitch to scan and all are "SAFE".

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Sounds like some kind of misinterpretation on the part of streamarmor. And with no other security software moaning

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

For fun I ran StreamArmor on my Win 7x64 machine and can confirm that those two temp:* streams are present. I'm certain my machine is clean, so I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over them.
    If I ever get bored enough I may investigate their purpose. lol

4. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    So I am not alone on getting those reading plus a few more. usually there are 4 to 6 warnings in yellow and some in orange. Please let me know if any are dangerous. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.