need help with global hooks

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by donsan, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan

donsan Registered Member

ok i have ticked the global hook protection box and i now have two logs that say msn messenger was blocked from setting a global low level mouse hook and key board hook so do i allow global hooks for msn messenger?is this causing any harm to my system when these global hooks are not allowed.

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

You will get more of those logs. Just give those applications as long they are trusted (and you can trust msn messenger) the allow privileges they want.
    Dolf

3. donsan

donsan Registered Member

thank you very much for the response i will allow msn messenger gh and see how it goes.

4. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I have allowed msn instant messenger to set global hooks and i still get a log telling me that msnmsgr.exe was blocked from setting a low level mouse hook and also a key board hook is this any thing i should worry about i don't know why pg would block this if i have allowed it.thank you in advance for any response.

5. donsan

donsan Registered Member

all is well now you may close this thead if you like.

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

donsan - I think it's necessary to state that one of the key factors you need to be asking yourself about before "allowing" anything is - does the program (whatever it is that's asking for an "allow") need that allow to function correctly?

If it doesn't actually malfunction without that, I wouldn't permit it - as long as you know that the logged behavior isn't something new and potentially harmful, just live with the log entries.

Just my .01 . Pete

7. donsan

donsan Registered Member

Thanks for the good advice spy1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.