Need help with BartPE writing error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DCM, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have created many BartPE boot disks over the years but have now encountered a problem that I do not understand.

The error message that I receive when using CD Burner PRO is as follows:

"Writing Error (3) Error occurred writing data to disk.

Unknown error-use extended data for more information (1051).

Error Sense Data SENSE KEY:5 ASC: 21 ASCQ 2"

I also get errors with DeepBurner and Roxio Easy CD Creator and they will not create a disk with this ISO image. It was created with no errors so I do not see how this particuliar ISO image could be causing the problem but maybe there is something about it that I do not understand.

I was able to create a couple of disks earlier in the day.

It quits at 66% complete. I recreated the ISO image and it also stops at 66% complete (writing).

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does anyone understand what this message is saying?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi

One of the posts I have read on this problem suggests the write speed is too high, have you tried copying at a lower speed.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I got this error with CD Burner only once.
    Don't know the reason. Solved the problem by rebooting and trying to burn again. You might want to consider reinstall the app - could it have gotten corrupt somehow?
    Mrk

4. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have tried CD Burner XP Pro, DeepBurner, and Roxio Easy CD Creator and it happens with all of them on this file. In CD Burner XP Pro, it gets to 66% and then errors out.

I did reinstall BartPE and try again with the same results.

I am going to assume that somehow the content of the ISO file is causing the problem because older ISO files burn perfectly. Now, I will recreate another version of this latest ISO file.

Thanks for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.