Need help with a backup strategy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zunkman, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zunkman

zunkman Registered Member

Hello all,

I am trying to implement the following backup strategy, but can't figure out how to do it in Acronis True Image Home 11. Can someone please help?

I want to have a 2 week - dual cycle.

First Sunday = Full backup to drive H as backup set A
    First Monday - Saturday = Incremental backups to set A

Second Sunday = Full backup to drive H as backup set B
    Second Monday - Saturday = Incremental backups to set B

Then, repeat starting with the first Sunday.

I've come close, but just can't quite get it. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zunkman,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I can suggest you to use the Backup Location feature.

You can manage backup rules (you may specify location size quota, maximum number of backups, storage period limits). Also you will be eligible for backup policy.

Acronis True Image Home offers three types of backup policies:

1) create full backups only;
    2) create full backups with specified number of incremental backups;
    3) create full backups with specified number of differential backups.

At first backup on a schedule, a full backup will be created. If the choice was (2) or (3), the next backups will be incremental (or differential) until the specified number of incremental (differential) backups is reached. Then again a full backup and a set of subsequent incremental (differential) backups is created, then again a full backup and so on.

Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to obtain the backup policy window.

First of all please make sure you created backup location (Management Tools -> Manage Backup Locations and Archives -> Create Backup Location -> follow the wizard instructions to complete backup location, e.g. you may use one of your partitions). Then you will see a window with backup rules (you may specify location size quota, maximum number of backups, storage period limits).

When backup location is created you will be eligible for backup policy. Click Operation -> Create New Task -> Select Task Type -> Select Backup Type -> Select what you want to backup -> In Backup Archive Location completely unfold Backup Location folder (please see the picture) and choose previously created backup location (in folder line you will see “No file name is required in this area”), click next and you will see the backup policy window.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Attached Files:

3. zunkman

zunkman Registered Member

Oleg Lee,

Thanks for the reply, but I do not see any of these options in Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Specifically, I see no options anywhere for "Backup Locations." I have searched the index and help screens, and none of those make any mention of Backup Locations. Also, my screens do not look like the screenshots provided.

Can you please offer additional assistance?

Thanks,
    Dan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your response.

The solution was provided for Acronis True Image 11 Home, I assume you have mentioned it mistakenly:

Acronis True Image Home 2009 differs from Acronis True Image 11 Home, and to set the desired policy you should use a batch file.

Please see the article Using Batch Files in Acronis True Image for more information. You should use, for example, the step-by-step guide Batch file for managing backup sets saved locally.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.